Help with some desktop speakers please (RIP Corsair SP2500's)

Associate
Hi all,

My Corsair SP2500's recently decided to give out (returning from holiday and they struggle to play any audio - after some research it appears to be an unfortunate design fault with the PSU.)

I'm interested in buying some speakers for my desktop which are of similar/better quality, around the £150-300 price range. I'm running an Asus Xonar Essence STX II as my sound card also, if that's of any use.

I'm not too knowledgeable on audio set ups, but I know the Corsairs were a 2.1 which seemed to work well with the sound card (easy set up, just a red and white wire!).

Any help on what you all consider to be the best for this budget would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Thanks,

Associate
Ruark Mr1's MK2's. But there suited more with a external DAC instead of onboard to get the best out of them. Plus there at the top end of your budget at £329. But you can get the older version MR1's which i own at £269. Sorry forgot to ask the main reason your going to be using them for? if its for gaming then there be other options. But if its for Music and films get yourself a decent set of Stereo speakers you won't look back. But that comes at a cost but you might get something at the higher end of your budget

Last edited:
Associate
Just looking forgot to mention the Audioengines at your higher end budget there's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audioengine-A2-Powered-Desktop-Speakers/dp/B00DQMJE7E?th=1 and you can pair them with a DAC Such as there own

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/5fn/Audi...id=1501931015&sr=1-1&keywords=AUDIOENGINE+dac

Doing it that way you will use the DAC instead of your onboard sound which will provide better sound Via USB if your main use is Music plus you can add a Sub at a later Date if you wish. There's other methods such as SMSL range which is highly regarded cheap Amp and maybe spend the rest on decent speakers. Method one i showed you are Active speakers which already have a AMP inside the right speaker so no need for method 2 plus getting Active you can Add the Dac for just over your budget. Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom