Help with speaker choice

Permabanned
I am after some speakers but only 2.0 ones. I was looking for ones that look really nice and sound great! Not interested in 2.1 etc etc. Don't want to spend a great deal on them.

Anybody got any recommendations?

Suspended
Don't waste your money on PC speakers, just buy some proper hi-fi speakers and a stereo integrated amplifier. For example B&W 601's with a Rotel RA-971 amplifier. If both of those are bought second hand be around double the price of the T20's with superior sound quality.

Permabanned
OP
squiffy said:
Don't waste your money on PC speakers, just buy some proper hi-fi speakers and a stereo integrated amplifier. For example B&W 601's with a Rotel RA-971 amplifier. If both of those are bought second hand be around double the price of the T20's with superior sound quality.

Just after some small PC speakers.

Suspended
How about Monitor Audio Radius 90's? Fantastic speakers. If you want small and 2.0 speakers you won't get full-range, you're going to have compromise....say 70-80hz bass response so missing a lot of musical info. Either buy bigger speakers or have a speaker/sub combo.

Suspended
Do you understand what I said? Because they're small they will lack bass information, so will sound tinny/midrangy but no bass. ie Bass guitar will be missing. I've used £450 Boston Acoustics Micro 80 (could have got them for £30 but I returned them, sound was rubbish) due to their size sound rubbish without a sub. I also have £150 5.1 sat/sub Creative speakers and they're rubbish too. A cheap sat 2.0 L/R without sub won't sound good. A pair of Kef coda 7 will poo over a set of sat PC speakers.

Associate
Codmate said:
that look like two dildos and a jellyfish.
:shudder:

They're called Soundsticks, btw. Have you been using it for purposes it wasn't produced for? :o

I agree with squiffy that a 2.0 PC speakers setup with no sub will almost invariably sound crap, unless you manage to find the old Videologic Sirocco Spirit or something. For a 2.0, you really need large full-size speakers and most PC speakers... aren't.

Permabanned
OP
I never said i wanted stereo quality, super duper, state of the art speakers! I am just after some nice 2.0 ones for everyday use and gaming. Just want to know which ones to go for?

I quite like the Creative T20

Back
Top Bottom