help with speccing a pc for my gf - £500-£600

Associate
my gf has recently started a teaching role so she has been doing a lot more work on her laptop and its really slow and just not really up to the task.

so i ask for your guys help on speccing a pc i can build for her so it'll speed up her work and i dont have to listen to her moan about the laptop anymore.

budget is just for the tower.

the uses would honestly just be for word/spreadsheets/lesson planning/ youtube / maybe netflix at a push and abit of sims now and again i think.

thanks for any input. she has a 1080p monitor.

Man of Honour
im not too clued up on laptops, its around 2 years old, i think it has a 500gb ssd as its only form of storage then she pays for some cloud storage i believe
You either get a cpu with integrated graphics or go down the route of a dedicated gpu and cpu.

The integrated gpu will be a much cheaper option.

How much gaming will there be 8n the future.

Any preference ?

Associate
OP
You either get a cpu with integrated graphics or go down the route of a dedicated gpu and cpu.

The integrated gpu will be a much cheaper option.

How much gaming will there be 8n the future.

Any preference ?
thanks for the response,

shes really not bothered about gaming, she just plays minecraft on the console sometimes and sims on her laptop, i can always go down the route of a designated gpu later if she fancies gaming more often i think?

Man of Honour
At the momment it's really hard to get a amd Integrated cpu unless in a bundle or pre built system.

The 3200g is what I was thinking but there are newer models 4350g.

Something like this.

CODE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £437.20 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Associate
OP
At the momment it's really hard to get a amd Integrated cpu unless in a bundle or pre built system.

The 3200g is what I was thinking but there are newer models 4350g.

Something like this.

CODE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £437.20 (includes shipping: £12.30)
would waiting help? or is now a good time to buy, reason i ask is i could get her it for xmas etc if its worth waiting

Back
Top Bottom