• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help with VGA power cable

Soldato
You can use just the one cable but if it's a high power GPU they have been known to fail. Much better to run two cables if you have the option

Man of Honour
If it is the extra connector on e.g. RX 570/580, it should be okay, but if higher power draw than that using another cable is a good idea.

Associate
Agree to run 2 if possible. Cards can spike huge current draw for tiny periods which can cause a net voltage drop due to the resistance of the wires. My Vega 56 is more stable with 2 cables instead of 1 daisy-chained :)

Associate
Agree with the chaps that two is better,
But you can also have a PSU with good amps on both rails which should be fine.
I have a Be quiet which has the rating and runs my RTX 2080 on one line perfect.

Associate
OP
Just following up, Built the System all working fine with the two 8pin PCIE cables :cool:
- Although now I am having another issue with the pump RGB with the corsaor H115i Platnium. The fans all light up fine, but not the pump.
So after a bit of research its down to the PSU not having eight wires on the SATA connector :confused:
I don't know if mine does or not, its a job for the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom