Help with Vodafone

Associate
Hi, I recently upgraded from Vodafone super fast 1 to 2 but speed bearly changed, I was just wondering if my router stats look ok?
YHobTh4

https://imgur.com/a/YHobTh4
Thanks

Soldato
You might have expected a bit more, but not much. On that line, I'm slightly surprised that they allowed you to upgrade in the first place.

How long is it since the upgrade? You may find that it creeps up nearer to 50Mbps over time, but that's the best you'll get.

Associate
OP
You might have expected a bit more, but not much. On that line, I'm slightly surprised that they allowed you to upgrade in the first place.

How long is it since the upgrade? You may find that it creeps up nearer to 50Mbps over time, but that's the best you'll get.
About a month, I was quoted around 60 at the time and that seems about right according to the bt checker https://imgur.com/a/lWcwyjA

Soldato
Your maximum attainable is 55Mbps. With the usual overheads knocked off, you'd expect 50Mbps-ish.

For some reason, the SNR is higher than you'd like it to be which will be limiting you.

It's worth doing the usual checks:
  1. Check for line noise. Dialling 17070 option 2 on a BT line get you to their quiet line test, not sure if it works on Vodafone.
  2. Check your local wiring and try the test port on the master socket.

Associate
OP
Your maximum attainable is 55Mbps. With the usual overheads knocked off, you'd expect 50Mbps-ish.

For some reason, the SNR is higher than you'd like it to be which will be limiting you.

It's worth doing the usual checks:
  1. Check for line noise. Dialling 17070 option 2 on a BT line get you to their quiet line test, not sure if it works on Vodafone.
  2. Check your local wiring and try the test port on the master socket.
Hi, yes I have ran through those checks, I think my line may be banded as it always seems to sync at the same speed, it was worse when I was using vodafones own router and on that FEC errors were in the millions

Back
Top Bottom