1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Help?!?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Begbie, 27 Jul 2006.

1. Begbie

Capodecina

Replaced fan and heatsink on my 9800pro(the original fan packed in), but now all i have is wavy pink lines and screen goes crazy when i try to play games. Any ideas what ive done wrong or if the cards just knackerd?

Pic

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Jul 2006
  2. Stelly

Don

resize image, and make sure that you have seated the fan right

Stelly

3. Begbie

Capodecina

sorry about size, new fan seems fine as heatsink is still heating up. thanks

4. Darkwave

Capodecina

It could be that the card went bang when the original cooler did, which would be unfortunate. Try re-seating the new one and using fresh thermal paste, it might just sort the problem if it's not borked.

5. Begbie

Capodecina

cool, what can i use to clean the old paste off?

6. Darkwave

Capodecina

I usually use a piece of rag, or even an old tee-shirt in a pinch, lol. I think most people suggest some sort of cleaning alcohol (ethanol?) to do it though.

7. Begbie

Capodecina

thanks ill give that a try.

8. Begbie

Capodecina

hmmm that didn't help, any suggestions for about £50 on a agp card? Even a 2nd hand one.

Ahhh no CSS!! :mad: