Henry v Van Nistelrooy??

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto
Jazz where did you get your RVN asisst Stats from for this season ?

Sorry mate i didnt see your question at first, for all ur football stat needs ;)

http://www.planetfootball.com/playe...1&cpid=8&Title=Ruud+van+Nistelrooy+OPTA+Stats

http://www.planetfootball.com/playe...&clid=3&cpid=8&Title=Thierry+Henry+OPTA+Stats

rvn usually doesnt get down the flanks to put in passes, his are usually much more simple, the balls henry gives away are usually passes into the opposion penalty box

also look at the amount of passes henry does compared to rvn

sunama, we shouldnt assume some players werent out there to hurt ronaldo on purpose and not every body is the same thus not all can recover as quick as the other, if one guy recovers quickly it doesnt mean they are better athletes

Last edited:

DirtyBerty

D

DirtyBerty

hmmm, interesting stats. :)

I'd take Henry over Ruud any day of the week.

Ruud is what a striker should be whereas Henry is an evolved form of striker with much more to his game than the standard goal-scorer, he also doesn't need to be in a strong attacking team to get results. ;)

Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz
Their teams are stronger, arsenal and man can compete but liverpool and newcastle cant, they might be able to get something at home but im afraid their chances away from home are very very slim.
tbh I'd suggest only Arsenal can really compete. On this season and last Man Utd certainly can't compete with the best of Europe, beating Basle doesn't mean a thing.

Soldato
Originally posted by silverpaw
tbh I'd suggest only Arsenal can really compete. On this season and last Man Utd certainly can't compete with the best of Europe, beating Basle doesn't mean a thing.

in europe man utd are the best that this country has to offer. arsenal are not as good as man utd in EU, the results all reflect this.

Associate
Originally posted by CliffyG
Eh? Arsenals' results in the CL more than match Uniteds.

I'm afraid that's an incomplete statement. Could you expand on it please. For instance, do you mean this years results, last years or all years CL/EC results?

Once we have something to go on I'm sure that one of my associate UNITED supporters will be able to produce information which may prove useful for you.

Soldato
Originally posted by sunama
last year, man utd went further.
this year, in stage 1, man utd got more points than arsenal.

nuff said.

And who exactly did United have in their group, who was actually any good ?

Levukusen have lost half their team to Bayern and lie 11th in the bundesliga, that massive team macabi haifa, and olympiakos. Hardly a top class opposition.

Whereas Arsenal beat Dortmund, currently 4th in the bundesliga. Auxerre, who are a good young team, but lie 11th in the French league, and PSV who are second in the dutch league.

Who had the harder group of the two there ?

Man United had no teams currently in the top half of a good league, Arsenal had 2 teams in the top four of major european leagues and one outside the top half, it is not a reflection on United's ability that they got more points.

Soldato
Well said Spud21, this always amazes me about some utd fans, look at utds group and look at arsenals, arsenals group is much much harder yet coz man u had higher points that makes u better :rolleyes: did u see the crap teams barca had in their group they won all their matches no one thinks they are gonna win the CL though do they. indeed utd have done better in the past but were not looking at the past right now are we?

when arsenal played psv they were 2nd, auxerre were first and dortmund was in the top 5 im not sure which position though. also auxerre lie 9th and are 6 points behind the leaders of the french league

Soldato
Originally posted by daz
Look at Ronaldo's stats from when he was at PSV and Barcelona, and even from his first season in italy and then upto when he got injured - they speak for themselves - they are sublime.

indeed, but that was a long time ago. things have changed now. ronaldo is no longer scoring more than 10 goals per season and he is no longer the footballer of the year.

as far as man utd being better in the CL, u can only beat the opposition placed in front of you. it is not man utds fault if the if they go in the top seeding pots and are given easy opposition.

like it or not. based on the last few yrs, man utd are considered to be in the same class (by UEFA) as valencia, bayen munchen, real madrid. these are the teams seen as the big 4 by uefa, and explains why they get relatively easy teams in their first stage. these are the first-teer seeded teams.

consistently man utd make either the quarter or semi final stages, for the last few yrs. the same cannot be said for arsenal.
i also believe that man utd this year, will once again go further than arsenal, though only time will tell.

Soldato
Actually there are 8 in the first seeding pot not 4 and Arsenal were included in it. My point wasn't that they've done better over the years but that this season their results have more then matched Uniteds considering Arsenals more difficult opponents. We still finished top of the group and have just trounced one of the giants of Italy in their own ground. As to who's gonna go further i don't know, i can see them both going quite far but on this form i reckon Arsenal will do better.

Soldato
sunama, ronaldo isnt even playing 10 goals per season how can he score that many, he has only recently come back from injury yet uve already written him off.

Originally posted by sunama
like it or not. based on the last few yrs, man utd are considered to be in the same class (by UEFA) as valencia, bayen munchen, real madrid. these are the teams seen as the big 4 by uefa, and explains why they get relatively easy teams in their first stage. these are the first-teer seeded teams.

but the bottom line is ur not in the same class as valencia, just coz u have done good in the past it means nothing just as u say about ronaldo look at now not 2-3 yrs ago.

no one disagrees u have done better in the past but we are looking at now not 2 yrs ago. every yr arsenals home record has been as good as manu's but our away form was terrible now our away form is good i see us going much further than we usually do

Associate
Originally posted by Jazz
id like to say the purpose of this thread is wrong.....................................................but then i would be lying :D

yep henry showed the whole world how great he is against a good Italien team at their ground.

btw has rvn ever scored a hatrick in the champions league for man utd (im not being sacrastic btw i honestly dont know)

henry also has more goals then rvn in the CL, he has 25 rvn has 24 iirc

I'd be interested in how many Henry has scored per season
in the CL. Cause Ruud has 18 I believe in LESS than a season and a half at United. I'm sure by the end of this second stage
of the competition he will be in the mid twenties.

Maybe if Arsenal could regularly get anywhere in the CL then
he'd score more ;)

Associate
Originally posted by silverpaw

Yup your right, Arsenal are the only british team who can compete in Europe, last season and this. They were
absolutely stunning when they couldn't beat a second string
Juventus team last season and were bundled out of the CL.

That was absolutely class, Man Utd certainly could never
aspire to those levels of performance, they only managed
to get to the semi final, damn you United, why couldn't you have
been beaten a lot early in the CL last season.

Associate
Originally posted by CliffyG
As to who's gonna go further i don't know, i can see them both going quite far but on this form i reckon Arsenal will do better.

On what form ? Arsenal have lost 6 or 7 games this season,
United have lost 4. So who's on form and who isn't ? :)

Arsenal were lucky to get out of their CL group after being
beaten in their 4th and 5th games.

Back to the thread though. Ruud is definately a better striker
than Henry, his stats say all there is to see. One could argue
Henry is the better footballer, but for putting the ball in the back
of the net consistently he can't be better can he. Ruud scores
more and needs less chances to score.

End of story really.

Soldato
I think you'll find that Arsenals form in general has been better than United this season, Arsenal are top of the league and united are 6 points behind in 5th place. Remember united also lost to Zalaegerszeg (who ;)) as well as their 3 losses in the league (same amount as Arsenal incidentaly). Which means Arsenal have lost 1 more, maybe you should check your facts before posting. And Arsenal were hardly lucky to get out the group, they won it and were home and dry after the first 3 matches anyway.

EDIT

And if you read the thread title it's not who is the best striker it's just Henry vs RVN, which takes into account more than just strike rate.

Soldato
Originally posted by Storm
On what form ? Arsenal have lost 6 or 7 games this season,
United have lost 4. So who's on form and who isn't ? :)

Arsenal were lucky to get out of their CL group after being
beaten in their 4th and 5th games.

Back to the thread though. Ruud is definately a better striker
than Henry, his stats say all there is to see. One could argue
Henry is the better footballer, but for putting the ball in the back
of the net consistently he can't be better can he. Ruud scores
more and needs less chances to score.

End of story really.

Arsenal have lost 3 in the league and 2 in the CL, and if u wanna count it reserve team lost in the Worthless cup

man u have had a crap group so what if they can win against crap teams u were outplayed by basle for most of the match a better team would have thrashed u

remember leverkusen u couldnt beat them could u?? arsenal beat em 4-1 at home, their manager even said arsenal were a better team than man utd

a striker has more to his game than goal scoring and henry has a lot more to his game then rvn simple as that, is doesnt matter who scores more in less games, last yr heny had more league goals than rvn end of story

Back
Top Bottom