Henry v Van Nistelrooy??

Man of Honour
Originally posted by sunama
as far as ronaldo being injured: resistance to injury is part of the make up of a player/sportsman. im sure there are players that we've not even heard of who might have had claim to being the among the best players in the world, had they never ever had an injury. alas, its part of sport and as a sportsman, u must learn to nurse yourself through injury. a sportsman must do good work during competition as well as behind the scenes (physiotherapy, warmups, muscle strengthening, etc). if u were to take injury out of the equation, then we might possibly include bergkamp as the best player in the world, but over the yrs, that guy has consistent niggles. we could also add duncan ferguson (in the air he has no equal), im sure the list would get longer and longer, so its unfair that the only player that gets "extra" allowances for being injured is ronaldo. i judge players from what i see on the pitch and i have to say, for club, for the last few yrs, i havent seen much from the guy. when fit, ronaldo is great, but fact is, he isnt fit.

Your definition of resistance to injury obviously differs from most normal people. Ronaldo has had ONE major injury, which has kept him out for 2 1/2 years. It's the type of injury ANYONE can get, yet because it happened to him, you say he's injury prone. The minor injuries he's had are things that anyone can pick up as well - oh no, hang on, RvN doesn't get minor injuries does he? :rolleyes:

I'm not going to bother arguing this point with you any more, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. :rolleyes:

Associate
I would also agree on Henry, being a united fan. RVN still has a lot to learn.

Btw, i think RVN hasnt scored a goal outside the penalty area from all his goals for united... whereas henry scores the majority of his goals outside the area, hence freekicks

Soldato
Just another point, wern't around 12 of RvN's goals last season from the penalty spot ? Usually after the ref had given a dodgy pen that few other teams would have got, but he playes for Man U :p ;) :D

Permabanned
Originally posted by Spud21
Just another point, wern't around 12 of RvN's goals last season from the penalty spot ? Usually after the ref had given a dodgy pen that few other teams would have got, but he playes for Man U :p ;) :D

I know this thread isn't about them but that's the same as Owen and Shearer.. their respective goal tallies would be a fair bit lower (especially Shearer's) otherwise.

Soldato
kinda OT but i just read this from http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,851500,00.html

At the time they signed Oleg Luzhy from Dynamo Kiev they were also offered Shevchenko. Arsene Wenger, though, did not bite, as he felt he had something more precious in Henry, an athletic young winger he had blooded at Monaco. Later he was still too raw to cut it in Serie A with Juventus.

*feints*
pfohnmacht.gif

PAz

PAz

Soldato
indeed, there has been hype round Shevchenko at Arsenal for a long time, majorly before he joined milan...

but to be honest, do we need him? Henry is unstoppable atm =)

5 goals in 2 games, come on RvN, your lagging behind

Soldato
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy
ruud had that record too :p but all but 1 of his were easy tap ins

he had a good game today though ruud didnt he!!!!!! :p hahaha he makes me laugh hes that bad

Hinch

u r an arsenal fan admit it :D

Soldato
OP
oh he is - even my brother who is a die hard united fan reckons hes crap - and some of his mates. I mean common pal, has the guy ever scored from outside the 18 yard box???? outside the 6 yard box????? (and outside the 6 yard box doesnt include penalties :p) - Face it he has to have chances put on a plate for him - he didnt get that today and oh look, he didnt score

even James Beattie has scored a fair few from long range - and Marian Pahars!!!!!

Hinch

Soldato
Well your brother and his mates are pretty dull, ruad is awsome, scores goals, sets people up, great header of the ball, good skill, tidy speed. He scored more goals than henry overall last season, and everyone thinks he is amazing, so ruad is obviously on par with him

Soldato
*ahem* its spelt ruud ;)

just coz he scored more goals doesnt make him better overall, henry has loads more to his game, look at ruud today he did nothing look at henry when he isnt scoring he is a team player and rvn can be very selfish at times

Soldato
Originally posted by NitrogenY3K
I didnt say he was better, I said he was on par. But do u or do u not agree he is a great player?

he is a good player no doubt about it, henry is better though :p

Back
Top Bottom