• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Here is how to enable REBAR on non whitelisted apps/games

Soldato
Made own thread for more visibility.

1 - Download Nvidia Inspector. Probably at least version 2.3 ideal.
2 - In Nvidia Inspector, look for the icon that kind of looks like a hammer 2nd from the right, if you hover over it, it says "Show unknown setting from Nvidia Predefined Profiles", Activate it.
3 - Now if you browse any game in Nvidia Inspector in the Unknown flags at bottom, look for the following line.
0x000F00BA (17 profiles)
and
0x000F00BB (17 profiles)

For games that are whitelisted these flags will probably be already enabled, for other games the value will be 0x00000000. You can flip it to 0x00000001.

Update - It has been brought to my attention there is a 3rd flag as detailed below to enable.

0x000F00FF - 0x0000000040000000

I checked a few games and the ones I checked with them enabled by Nvidia have both flipped on, so my suggestion if you trying this out is to flip both, click apply, then when you launch app/game REBAR should be on. Obviously this is use at your own risk type of thing.

I havent done any actual testing though as I cant use REBAR yet.

Last edited:
Associate
Possibly useful if games can be tested and proved to be stable with performance benefit. Otherwise, I'll be waiting for official support. Assume they will unlock more with each driver update.

Soldato
Made own thread for more visibility.

1 - Download Nvidia Inspector. Probably at least version 2.3 ideal.
2 - In Nvidia Inspector, look for the icon that kind of looks like a hammer 2nd from the right, if you hover over it, it says "Show unknown setting from Nvidia Predefined Profiles", Activate it.
3 - Now if you browse any game in Nvidia Inspector in the Unknown flags at bottom, look for the following line.
0x000F00BA (17 profiles)
and
0x000F00BB (17 profiles)

For games that are whitelisted these flags will probably be already enabled, for other games the value will be 0x00000000. You can flip it to 0x00000001.

I checked a few games and the ones I checked with them enabled by Nvidia have both flipped on, so my suggestion if you trying this out is to flip both, click apply, then when you launch app/game REBAR should be on. Obviously this is use at your own risk type of thing.

I havent done any actual testing though as I cant use REBAR yet.

Is this an early April's fool joke or are you going on what is also said here

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/mhbphc/manually_enabling_rebar_support_for_dcs_with/

because the reddit link mentions 3 flags to change not 2.

which was in turn pinched from here

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/257819-my-3090-settings-for-my-g2-256/page/8/#elControls_4612268_menu

:D

until someone comes up with a way to show its enabled in a game you dont really know 100% for sure and this so far has only been tried by one person in the DCS game who reckons it improved the game.

Soldato
OP
Is this an early April's fool joke or are you going on what is also said here

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/mhbphc/manually_enabling_rebar_support_for_dcs_with/

because the reddit link mentions 3 flags to change not 2.

which was in turn pinched from here

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/257819-my-3090-settings-for-my-g2-256/page/8/#elControls_4612268_menu

:D

until someone comes up with a way to show its enabled in a game you dont really know 100% for sure and this so far has only been tried by one person in the DCS game who reckons it improved the game.

No joke, but thanks added the 3rd flag to OP.

I didnt get from reddit I got from guru3d where a few have been doing more testing.

Soldato
OP
It's turned off for some games because enabling rebar negatively affects performance.

So essentially overriding this is reducing your performance in those games.

Actually for the majority of games its off because they havent tested, this is why its useful, they clearly havent tested 10s of thousands of games. :)

A lot of games will probably never get tested, obscure ones, indie titles etc.

Sadly though we wont know which have been tested but crashed, or were slower vs not tested. So its a try and see. Nvidia will only list the games they have tested and see improvements.

Associate
I do prefer the way Nvidia are doing it by whitelisting games that should have a 100% chance of working ok with it, instead of AMD's way off just enabling globally and hope for the best.

Would be nice though if Nvidia added an extra setting in the control panel so that we can use Nvidia's recommended settings or force it globally if we want without resorting to Nvidia inspector.

Soldato
I do prefer the way Nvidia are doing it by whitelisting games that should have a 100% chance of working ok with it, instead of AMD's way off just enabling globally and hope for the best.

Would be nice though if Nvidia added an extra setting in the control panel so that we can use Nvidia's recommended settings or force it globally if we want without resorting to Nvidia inspector.

AMD has been aware that not all games benefit ages ago and they said so:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...port_the_amd_smart_access_memory_sam/gefcqy4/

Meanwhile I've not seen an AMD card go significantly negative so whatever AMD is doing to manage it, they must still be turning it off for negative scenarios.

Either they have a white/blacklist or there's something more sophisticated making the decision.

Soldato
Actually for the majority of games its off because they havent tested, this is why its useful, they clearly havent tested 10s of thousands of games. :)

A lot of games will probably never get tested, obscure ones, indie titles etc.

Sadly though we wont know which have been tested but crashed, or were slower vs not tested. So its a try and see. Nvidia will only list the games they have tested and see improvements.

True

Caporegime

AMD has been aware that not all games benefit ages ago and they said so:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...port_the_amd_smart_access_memory_sam/gefcqy4/

Meanwhile I've not seen an AMD card go significantly negative so whatever AMD is doing to manage it, they must still be turning it off for negative scenarios.

Either they have a white/blacklist or there's something more sophisticated making the decision.
There's not many games where performance drops considerably, most will show at least a 2-3 FPS gain.

I'd rather have it enabled for all games and then if by any chance one game i am playing tanks with it on, i can disable it. Rather than only have it working on a half a dozen or so games.

As it stands almost all the games I am playing see at least a few FPS improvement, and some up to 10%.

Associate
Sorry i'm confused regarding the 3rd flag, to use reBar in other games i have to copy and paste 0x0000000040000000? For disabling reBar i need to delete this line again?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Forgive my dumbness, what is REBAR and what does it do?

static1.squarespace-590x332.jpg

Arebar Arebar

I know its arriba but its the first thing that popped in my head from bug's post lol.

Associate
Eh? What instructions are you even referring to? Be clearer.

I'm referring to post 1.

Update - It has been brought to my attention there is a 3rd flag as detailed below to enable.

0x000F00FF - 0x0000000040000000

I don't see the 3rd flag values ("0x000F00FF - 0x0000000040000000") in non-supported games. The flag is blank there. So i just have to copy and paste "0x000F00FF - 0x0000000040000000" ?

What do i have to do with the 3rd flag?

Back
Top Bottom