Here it is the new BMW M2

Soldato
This is just so epic I really, REALLY want one.
Its a E46 with warranty and SPEEEEEEDDDD in my eyes.

With regards to the weird point about power comparisons between m235i and the M2.

A) you don't get the point in an M car as much as you think you do.
B)The Baby "mX35i" range is new and there has never been a BMW at that performance point until very recently.

You could argue the E92 335i created that sub real "M" performance level really.

Soldato
This is just so epic I really, REALLY want one.
Its a E46 with warranty and SPEEEEEEDDDD in my eyes.

With regards to the weird point about power comparisons between m235i and the M2.

A) you don't get the point in an M car as much as you think you do.
B)The Baby "mX35i" range is new and there has never been a BMW at that performance point until very recently.

You could argue the E92 335i created that sub real "M" performance level really.

Agreed on point A which is what I was getting at but point B isn't entirely true, all they've effectively done is for the new generations top petrol model is rename the 135/235 M sport to the M135i.

The 135i M Sport Coupe was first released back in 2007 so 8 years ago.

Soldato
For the road, I fail to see how this is a good thing!

Drive to the conditions it's fine. In the dry, plant your foot and MDM allows a touch of slip but then hooks up the rear wheels. Tail happy is probably a slight exaggeration (unless you have TC off in which case it isn't) but it does like to wiggle it's rear end. If you modulate the throttle properly it completely negates this.

Soldato
Agreed on point A which is what I was getting at but point B isn't entirely true, all they've effectively done is for the new generations top petrol model is rename the 135/235 M sport to the M135i.

The 135i M Sport Coupe was first released back in 2007 so 8 years ago.

I still kind of disagree though because they only brought in thinks like 4 pot brakes and better suspension with the baby M's

Soldato
Whats the retail on these going to be like ?

£44k basic OTR, then start ticking boxes (though to be fair, it's well spec'd straight out of the box). I looked at adding DCT, heated seats, HK audio & folding/dimming mirrors, and that brought it to £48k.

I'd be amazed if there's any discount available for a long time.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
I think this car looks fantastic and with the limited numbers supposedly coming to the UK it could be a pretty sensible purchase. Look at the kind of money the 1M coupes go for at the moment ...

My M135i is due to go back in April and i'm going to give this some serious thought .. i think i would take it manual too :)

Back
Top Bottom