Herman Miller Mirra

Associate
Hi All, I'm in the market for a new office chair as I'm sitting 10+ working/gaming . Currently sat in a £60 Ikea chair (cant rememeber the name but its ok for short periods).

Our office uses Herman Miller Mirra which I found comfortable. However, I can't find any for sale anywhere 2nd hand.

Better still, is there a slighty cheaper alternative floating around? I'm looking at the Ikea Markus, will be £194 inc delivery so wondering whether to stretch a little more for the Mirra (if I can find a refurb one in stock anywhere?)

FWIW I'm 6ft, 11st5lb

Soldato
I wouldn't recommend the ikea markus, especially at that price.... it's just not that great for long term use imo.

I think they've changed them, I had one and it was great, only gave it away as was moving so less stuff to pack. Sat in one in one IKEA a year ago and it didn't seem nearly as good

FWIW I'm 6ft, 11st5lb

Also, same, but probably 13st now :p

Soldato
Hi All, I'm in the market for a new office chair as I'm sitting 10+ working/gaming . Currently sat in a £60 Ikea chair (cant rememeber the name but its ok for short periods).

Our office uses Herman Miller Mirra which I found comfortable. However, I can't find any for sale anywhere 2nd hand.

You have to keep checking the sites. Mirras go in and out of stock very quickly; Herman Miller have 12 year warranties on their chairs, so unlike most second hand furniture the majority of Mirras are still covered. This makes them well worth stretching the budget for. I bought mine new about 7 years ago and have never regretted it.

If you can't find a Mirra, a good alternative which is more widely available is the Steelcase Leap. V1 or V2 is good, V1s are obviously a bit cheaper. Capital Office Furniture have a dozen or so seconds in stock at £165.

Associate
If it helps you can get 25% off prices on HM UK site. Mirra 2 works out just over £600 but you get the full 12 yr warranty (dont believe the warranty is transferable so 2nd hand only has seller cover), 14 day return if you dont like it.

Back
Top Bottom