Hermes (now rebranded to EVRi)! Why are they so good?!

Permabanned
It came just before 8pm. :)

The seller (was bought new/sealed/no longer needed on EB) would have been better leaving it as 2nd Class RM as listed.

I got it for same price it would have been from Corsair and free postage, no retailer had stock (linked from their site) and I was told here the other day you can tweak the URL to buy directly from Corsair but I doubt the stock is sitting in the UK.

Soldato
And Hermes have just lost my partners package. We moved into this house 3 months ago, all other couriers have managed to find the address no issue or when they can't they've called.

Hermes don't even attempt to try. They just say it's been delayed and to check back in 24 hours and it's rinse and repeat.

Bunch of clowns

Soldato
Having issues with Hermes at the moment.

Sent a parcel just after new year & it spent 12 days floating around their delivery network before turning back up at my own address (the sender) looking like it's spent a week in the Somme.

It took them 8 days to respond to my claim & the only response I got is "The parcel was delivered on the 13th", completely ignoring the fact that it was -
  • Returned to sender
  • Was wet and smashed

Soldato
Hermes have been pretty solid for me lately, and I've actually chucked quite a bit of business their way due to the print-in-store label facility at the shop round the corner.

But then there's today. They dropped me an email at 11:15, just as I was heading out to the supermarket, to tell me my parcel was being delivered between 11am and 1pm. So the shopping trip gets put on hold until after the package arrives. 1pm rolls round, an email arrives in my inbox telling me that they tried to deliver the parcel at 12:13 but couldn't as I wasn't in. Yet I was in the front room... Delivery driver running behind and then lying about some customers being out, maybe?

Hop on their site to have a grumble, only to find that both their Live Chat facility and their phoneline are automated, and can only regurgitate the information from the email and website.

Soldato
I've had a parcel missing for over a month now. I've lodged a complaint through their online bot and I've had a reply saying that a person will be in touch but they haven't.

I have no idea how to speak to an actual human, all the phone lines and contact methods bring up an automated response.

Does anyone have a number or email to a person please??

Soldato
I've had a parcel missing for over a month now. I've lodged a complaint through their online bot and I've had a reply saying that a person will be in touch but they haven't.

I have no idea how to speak to an actual human, all the phone lines and contact methods bring up an automated response.

Does anyone have a number or email to a person please??

I eventually got to speak to a lady there who to be fair was actually pretty helpful, took 50 minutes on hold to get through though.

Soldato
I think hermes are decent, they do what they say on the tin.

Parcelforce on the other hand, getting my 1080ti shipped was an utter nightmare, they didnt turn up, the next day they told me it was unusual practice but they were doing me a favour by arranging pickup same day as I called (instead of 2 days after original pickup), but I had to keep chasing and hounding them until it got booked in with driver. Not a one off either, I have had 2 deliveries with them stuff go missing from inside boxes, which probably explains why they tried hard with my 1080ti, I fully insured the order so it was a big payday order for them. Its a shame special delivery (the only division of royal mail thats good) doesnt do pickups.

But back to hermes.

I wasnt always a fan of hermes though, but since they now have gone from 5 days to 3 days which is much more reasonable and now do delivery windows for the recipient, I think they fine providing you dont need next day delivery.

Soldato
Same here no issues, local driver seems to enjoy his job and is always working (and subtly hinting at how much money he makes)

I did have a weird incident the other day though, I ordered a used laptop off ebay, we had a random canvas painting turn up and after checking with everyone that could have ordered it to determine who it was for, I checked the label and the tracking number matched the one from the eBay bought laptop, I messaged the seller thinking I was being scammed only to received several very angry messages excusing me of being a scammer etc.

Thankfully hermes took a picture of the parcel when they delivered, the scammer seller apologised, turned his anger towards hermes and eventually refunded me.
Not sure if seller genuine or not but he is saying that hermes must have switched the labels before they delivered, the canvas turned up in pristine packaging so it wasn't like it had gotten damaged and ripped open in transit and then had to be relabelled.

Associate
I think hermes are decent, they do what they say on the tin.

Parcelforce on the other hand, getting my 1080ti shipped was an utter nightmare, they didnt turn up, the next day they told me it was unusual practice but they were doing me a favour by arranging pickup same day as I called (instead of 2 days after original pickup), but I had to keep chasing and hounding them until it got booked in with driver. Not a one off either, I have had 2 deliveries with them stuff go missing from inside boxes, which probably explains why they tried hard with my 1080ti, I fully insured the order so it was a big payday order for them. Its a shame special delivery (the only division of royal mail thats good) doesnt do pickups.

But back to hermes.

I wasnt always a fan of hermes though, but since they now have gone from 5 days to 3 days which is much more reasonable and now do delivery windows for the recipient, I think they fine providing you dont need next day delivery.
Royal Mail collect parcels now for a small fee of 72p.

https://www.royalmail.com/collection

Associate
Hermes left my new watch outside the front doorstep, clearly visible in the street.

Also delivered a £400 joystick with the whole package smashed beyond belief.

Oh, and an expensive car intake was more outside the box than in..

Very surprised they still exist as a company.

Soldato
Good experience is down to two things:

1) The particular driver actually giving a damn.
2) The hub having enough drivers for packages and the supervising staff doing their job correctly for routing.

I did night time delivery for a few weeks to cover for a buddy about 10 years ago when he went on vacation. Trying to find these random places to leave stuff (normally service supplies or metal) was a pain in the butt. I would be driving say 30 miles to my next drop-off and the ferry would be out or something, so have to go around. The instructions would be 'find the red car and leave in boot, or some random unmarked door in a courtyard in the middle of nowhere at 2am.

Soldato
Terrible experience from Yodel today, got the usual 'your parcel is out for delivery, track your parcel here' email, kept checking and it says delivery is between 12.44 and 14.44, gets to 14.54 and no sign quickly checks again and it now says delivery on July 10th, go to online chat and ask what's happened, 'Oh your parcel is in the depot and not going out until tomorrow' so I relay the story of checking all day and then it changes only to be told 'well youre clearly wrong as the parcel has never left the depot and it shows on the update it will be delivered tomorrow' when questioned how I had been able to track up until after the delivery time and then the system change proceeded to tell me 'not us mate, youve not cleared your cache so it must be an old delivery youve tracked from a while ago'

At that point I explained to the agent that from now on I'll actively avoid any retailer who uses Yodel and that they can go forth and multiply

Back
Top Bottom