Hermes (now rebranded to EVRi)! Why are they so good?!

Associate
I’ve had that loads of times. Oddly even had them deliver something to me the day after, and take a photo of the front door and say to my neighbour they weren’t in.

who isn’t in when they’re working from home and pay for a quick delivery?

Soldato
Just today. I was sitting in living room waiting for parcel. Checking the tracking. Then sudently i missed it.... how???? No card...

Same here just 15mins ago even though I'm sat looking out the window from my desk.
Missus went to the door to look for a card and a van (unmarked) pulled up with the delivery. New tactic to make sure you are at the door when they get there?

It was Amazon so had no idea who was delivering. I generally avoid a store if they use Herpes.

Soldato
our herpes team is great, bloke and his gf, take it in turns to make the deliveries, they've been superb throughout driving a most bespoke piece of blue *****
we call it the herpes van, and they have never failed us

Soldato
depends on your area, they were good until they put their prices up and then i started using others who are only slightly more but are often faster and include more basic insurance

Soldato
My local Hermes tends to be fine, even if they do come across a little amateur at times.

Now I've jinxed my delivery from them which is due this afternoon. :o

Soldato
I have a parcel stuck in transit at yodel for 6 days now (working days), hermes are elite by comparison.

Based on my experience top to bottom, best to worst.

DPD
Special Delivery (no pickup though)
Hermes
Amazon logistics (recently improved since lockdowns, used to be lower)
Yodel
Parcel force (had parcels delivered opened to people I sent to, they miss pickups, hard to contact depot without visiting).

Soldato
we just had a delivery and theres a hole in the bag and one of the items removed, looks like someones ripped a hole large enough to pinch the item - now for the fun of trying to get a replacement!

I get that all the time they "sample" the goods if it turns out it is actually valuable it'll never arrive. If a company says they use them I'll go somewhere else to buy unfortunately you usually only get told after you've ordered.

Associate
If you think Hermies is bad, then Yodel takes the cake as I've had a package from them out for delivery for over 24 HOURS.

The last time I had to deal with a joke of a delivery company who just couldn't find their backside in the dark without the aid of a map, flashlight, written instructions and a massive sign was city link.

Soldato
I take back what i said at the start of this thread, I'm never using Hermes again, Last time i used them a few months ago the driver was 2 days late for collection, His excuse .."I forgot", How does he forget they have a system!

I write that off as it'd been a while, So booked for another parcel to be collected from me,4 days late on collection and its still not been collected from me.

Not sure what's happened to Hermes, During the pandemic they were good, Now they've gone right down the crapper.

Il stick to Royal mail in the future, Sure they cost more but at least its a reliable service!

Commissario
Hermes. Sigh.

It's 15:25, they've still not been.
oT8VDbs.png

This is some socks I ordered which were due ten days ago via Hermes. They've been 'lost'.
UBxASkR.png

This was yesterday. He turned up around 17:50
RbLymGh.png

Associate
My Hermes driver is always prompt. Last time he delivered he told me he is also a window cleaner and asked if I needed anyone :D

Commissario
Is that a new thing? I remember looking at it year or two back, and it said take to post office.
I don’t remember exactly how long home collection has been available but I think it’s well over a year. There’s a small charge, something around 70p but it costs me more than that in time and fuel to drive to the post office.

Back
Top Bottom