Hero Quest

Soldato
HeroQuest is over 30 years old, and plays like it. If you want nostalgia then knock yourself out, but if you want a dungeon crawl game you can get any of half a dozen vastly superior games for the same price.

Soldato
If you want a big campaign game that will last through dozens of sessions, Gloomhaven. If you want something that is like HeroQuest but has a more modern design, Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth. If you want something that's like a roleplaying game on a board with a bunch of stat management, The City of Kings. And if you just want a simple mechanical adventure, Armata Strigoi.

Caporegime
Hasbro is a £12bn company, they can afford to pump out 22,000 versions of monopoly a year there's no chance in hell I'm Kick-starting this for £150. Why's it my responsibility to get it made :confused:

Maybe they're just playing around with kickstarter to just see if they can get people to fund new products like this or perhaps they really weren't going to bother otherwise... Just because they're a big company doesn't mean there is budget for this within whatever department is responsible for it.

It's nice to have an option like this available. Wonder if it would ever work for TV (now that streaming services mean there aren't the same capacity issues with having a set channel and schedule) I never watched Firefly back in the day but heard about it on here and that seemed to have a dedicated fan base, I reckon at the time of it's cancellation the producers could have perhaps crowd funded a new season if that was a thing back then.

Soldato
OP
I came looking for this thread and blimey talk about cooincidence. 1 year on to the day and nearly hour!
So just to make you all aware they are starting to ship this out and you can also preorder a retail version for £99.99.

Im excited to receive this. I know we are living in a different time and age compared to when we played this back in the day, but still, will be nice to play this with my kids :)

Soldato
Fair comment bud. What others do you recommend?
not my original comment but for the price of Heroquest you can pick up the new Descent which is very highly rated.

Along the same lines you have Descent 2nd edition and Star Wars Imperial Assault (essentially a star wars based dungeon crawler)

The big name is Gloomhaven and rightly so, it's fantastic

Other great game with the dice rolling of heroquest are the shadows of brimstone games.

Finally for a family friendly approach mice and mystics is great fun but can be surprisingly difficult

Associate
I know I am inappropriately bumping an older thread but just sharing my pre-order turned up,
finally on Friday.

Not going to open it yet. Giving it as a surprise present to my youngest. I’d love to spend more time with the kids and figured this game isn’t so hard!

Associate
I just got the vanilla. I’d love to get more but I am not sure how much of this is nostalgia for broad sword . (Or if you remember the tv advert “Boward” Sword )

Soldato
Nice to see the stores being cheaper than the online retailers for a change. Shelled out £99.99 for mine and £22.50 for the exapnsions.
My local is cheaper for everything. Only Amazon is cheaper for some things, like Bolt Action and some other war games eg Bolt Action Band of brothers starter set is £78 at Warlord game and £63 at local. Just checked Amazon and its £63.95 so its even cheaper than amazon,

Back
Top Bottom