Hi guys, Ryzen 5950x + 8PACK-BDIE tweaking need help ?

Soldato
Hi guys, need some help or tips or anything that i can do to squeeze even more performance from this memory.. i am having to run the memory in Geardown mode as i cant get T1 command rate to boot at any timings other than 3200 or 3400 anything higher will not boot though i have heard that Gear down mode is faster than disabling it its like T1.5 instead of T2 wich is slower anyway

check out the pictures and tell me if these scores are any good i also managed to get the latecny way down wich helps with Ryzen...

These settings are fully Memtest86 stable even under the 100% hammer test.

-----

also is there any way i can lower this setting TRCDRD, the lowest i can go is 17 when i go 16 i start to get errors showing up under test 6 of memtest86. you will probably have noticed im also running @1.45v voltage i did lots off research on this and BDIE is good for up to 1.5 hell there have been people running 1.55v and up to 1.6v with bdie as there dailys anyway can you guys let me know if something is not quite right with my settings to get more performance anything i can try ? also my guide for tweaking was following the ryzen calculator and lowering a few at a time lol

cheers. guys.

BHkkNfp.jpg

One final note* i also managed to almost get my Infinity fabric clock working in windows @2000mhz but there was a slight problem the audio from my sound card starting crackling/poping when i was listning to music
i figured that i wouldnt peruse going this route cause i was already at the maximum SOC voltage 1.125v though bumping that up from default made a huge difference to the infinity stability i could before not go any higher than 1800mhz infinity fabric due to a AGESA or CPU or BOARD issue but bumping that SOC voltage solved everything almost i mean i rock solid 1933 infinity with no issues with sound or stability but 2000mhz just seems like its on the brink off stability but i didnt want to risk going higher than 1.125v on that SOC as it says maximum on that ryzen calculator then again not sure how far you can actually take that SOC voltage but i wasnt willing to risk it until i do more research on it unless someone knows.

i know lots of question and need PRO`s to answer tham if you can cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I belive 1.2V is max you should run for the Soc.

Nice so i have some headroom left to get the infinity fabric 100% stable @2000mhz.
at current settings above with SOC @1.125v 1900mhz infinitiy is 100% stable. with 2000mhz being slightly glitchy with audio/sound so im sure it wont take much to get that sorted ;)

Do you have any idea how to get TRCDRD lower ? it will post into windows at 1 setting lower or even 2 settings lower but it produces errors in test 6 of memtest....
could this be a DRAM voltage issue and going higher than 1.45v could gain stability with no errors or could it be to do with the CADBUS settings or the Termination block settings ????

Associate
I have B die albeit not the 8 pack and i run at 1.5v permanently so try that.
I have also improved stability before with term block settings.

Soldato
OP
thanks i will try the mem voltage first to see if it will allow me to lower the TRCDRD with out producing errors.
the if i still get errors i will try the termination blocks diffferent settings to see what controls what iff they need reduced or higher lol
then finally i will try higher alt mem voltages to see if that helps.

though i can also get full stable 1900mhz fabric clocks with just 1.05v but going to 2000mhz requires a lot more voltage i think as i went as high as 1.125 and it wasnt stable.
though this new agesa 1.1.9.0 is defiantly more stable and better version for ocing.

Associate
I would say you are unstable at the moment. You should have a latency in the mid to high 50s with that configuration. I found at 3800 CL14 I would get a latency of around 54ns and the same at 4000 CL14 my latency would go into the 60s which indicated IMC or BIOS instability.

You are good for 1.5V as long as you can keep your DIMM temps under 50C and for 1.55 - 1.6V under 45C (you will need to water-cool for that)

My suggestion is go for a 3600 CL14 or 3800 CL14 - 16 and get your latency down to mid low 50s

Back
Top Bottom