hi

Associate
hi! Just ordered some bits to update the old rig at the home/home office.

Used to buy from other resellers, trying ocuk now, lets see how it goes!

Associate
OP
Welcome. What parts have you orderd? :)
Thanks!

Well basically a whole new build. Going for a 10850k/z490 with a 3080, mostly asus flavour. Might need to talk to someone soon to see if it makes sense to split the shipment, given the unknowns with the 3080 stock.
Exciting times :)

Associate
Are you not thinking about waiting to see what CPUs AMD will announce next month? This is the only reason I'm holding off buying a new PC atm

Associate
OP
Are you not thinking about waiting to see what CPUs AMD will announce next month? This is the only reason I'm holding off buying a new PC atm

That is probably the right call! Big navi could also be a tempting prospect depending on where and when it lands. Im in the nvidia ecosystem, with g sync and soon some cuda exploring.
But i'm eager to build something soon, as my current home desktop is pretty ancient.

Im actually out of the country for a few days and will have to self isolate when coming back next week. Building a shiny new pc is an appealing way of killing time at home
Should have all the time in the world to build it neat!

Associate
It's always exciting to build a new PC!
Are you putting lots of RGB lights in it too?

I currently have a Ryzen 5 1600x with a R9 fury hoping to build something with a new AMD CPU and rtx3080 ... But who know when we'll get hold of any of those...

Soldato
Thanks!

Well basically a whole new build. Going for a 10850k/z490 with a 3080, mostly asus flavour. Might need to talk to someone soon to see if it makes sense to split the shipment, given the unknowns with the 3080 stock.
Exciting times :)

Very nice. Absolutely solid build there, will smash anything you throw at it :D

Associate
OP
It's always exciting to build a new PC!
Are you putting lots of RGB lights in it too?

I currently have a Ryzen 5 1600x with a R9 fury hoping to build something with a new AMD CPU and rtx3080 ... But who know when we'll get hold of any of those...

Hmmm no lights initially, other than the ones that are built in. Im getting a monster of a case,(the be quiet 900), and currently i stack pcs in an ikea ivar shelf. Might do a little project on that, as i do enjoy dicking with lights.

Oh yeah, who knows when the 3080 will arrive. I ordered it fairly early, 14:40 or so but I do have a 1080ti at home to use in the meantime :)

Associate
OP
20200927-202015.jpg
gDF2Hz5

Got it all built. But re opened the case to migrate some data from old hdd's in.

Associate
OP
Finished (ish. Will never really finish i guess...)

Did some 3d printed bits for decoration and front cooling, added astromech droid in case repairs are ever needed. Switched for vertical mount for graphics, with the cablemod kit.

Still dont like how closed the top of the case is, given i went top mount heat exchanger. Might cad something and chop up the original panel.

20201002-182402.jpg

Associate
Finished (ish. Will never really finish i guess...)

Did some 3d printed bits for decoration and front cooling, added astromech droid in case repairs are ever needed. Switched for vertical mount for graphics, with the cablemod kit.

Still dont like how closed the top of the case is, given i went top mount heat exchanger. Might cad something and chop up the original panel.

That looks amazing! Well done.

Back
Top Bottom