HID Kits

Soldato
I got one of these kits for my accord a few months ago. Easy to install and the difference between them and my old bulbs was astounding. Signs and cats eyes light up for as far as the eye can see, the beam is also much much brighter and at least twice as long. Makes night time driving less of a strain on the eyes :) I went for the 6000k bulbs which I recon are the best to go for. You get nice white light with just a tint of blue to it. The 8000k are way too blue and you loose too much light over the 6000k and 4300k are very very white, which is good really but I am rather fond of a little tint of blue.
I wouldnt get HID main beams as my lights take about 10-20 seconds to warm up and reach full brightness, with HID main beams you wouldnt be able to flash people which is pretty essential. If you do get HID dipped beams, Id also get some matching colour of sidelights too, otherwise it just looks wrong.

Soldato
OP
Oooh, look what has arrived ;)

HID_1272.JPG

HID_1273.JPG

HID_1274.JPG

Soldato
How many lights are you converting? :D

Which kit did you go for? Tell us how you rate it once its in, the Impreza lights are crap, fancy a HID upgrade and some driving lights.

Soldato
How would these HIDs work in a car like the Impreza? One kit? I seem to remember seeing the HID kits which only have one setting, on or off :confused: Do these allow normal headlights on, and then able to turn on the full beam? I'd quite like some :)

Soldato
Nozzer said:
Partly that, I also drive around in the daytime with all my front lights on. As you're no doubt aware, anything that helps people see our low little cars is worth doing :).

How do you do that? Mine are wired up so that they only come on with full beam :confused:

If I flash somebody all 4 light up but with normal dipped beam the driving lights aren't on.

Suspended
I don't have the driving lights on during daytime either, as they annoy people.

To put them on 'full time', push the stalk away from you. At least that's how it is in the S1. But it seems you know that :)

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I'm not sure I understand how those third party kits work - you have a ballast unit and a bulb, but since I don't see any relay units for headlamp motors how exactly does the ballast control height of beam?

Back
Top Bottom