HID Kits

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I'm ordering a set on payday as although I am happy with my "off road use only" high wattage regular bulbs, they have tarnished the silver surface inside my headlight and keep melting my led sidelights. But hopefully these HID's shouldn't produce so much heat.

Soldato
OP
I've fitted main beam and dipped beam to my car. It's only really getting dark now, but they are extremely bright and look very cool.

Me: Just turned them on, are they bright?

Dad: I don't know, I can't see anything other than a scorching white light :p

Permabanned
Which ones did you go for? I'm thinking of trying a set on my BMW 325Ci, probably 6000K. I guess I'll have to get the LCM (light control module) reflashed though so I don't get bulb out warnings. Anyone else with 3 series tried a HID conversion kit?

Man of Honour
Definately going to get some of these, of course purely for the extra safety aspect and nothing to do with how cool they look in conjunction with angel eyes :o

Soldato
Wicksta said:
Which ones did you go for? I'm thinking of trying a set on my BMW 325Ci, probably 6000K. I guess I'll have to get the LCM (light control module) reflashed though so I don't get bulb out warnings. Anyone else with 3 series tried a HID conversion kit?

Very tempted myself. I had a look at the HIDs4u site, and there is a BMW kit which has the correct resistors in it to stop the bulb out warnings from being on. I believe a reflash is quite expensive from a dealer.

Soldato
OP
HID1.JPG

BEFORE

HID2.JPG

HID3.JPG

HID4.JPG

HID5.JPG

Soldato
OP
HID6.JPG

HID7.JPG

HID8.JPG

HID9.JPG

Main Beam On

HID10.JPG

Dipped Beam

Extremely pleased with them, it is quite literally night and day. You can see so much further, can drive massively faster at night. I really like the main beam, so glad I went for that one too.

Soldato
OP
I should add it is extremely difficult to photograph the whole effect, it's difficult to even look straight at them from a few yards away in the dark, let alone take a photo.

Caporegime
Looks great, i've been meaning to do mine for so long but other car tasks / spendings have got in the way.

So apart from cutting a bigger hole in your seals to get the wires / bulb through they plug and play?

Man of Honour
My thoughts exactly - it's a rather curious loophole in the law that manufacturers MUST have headlight washers and self levelling for safety reasons yet you can bodge them onto your Saxo and legally drive around blinding oncoming traffic..

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
My thoughts exactly - it's a rather curious loophole in the law that manufacturers MUST have headlight washers and self levelling for safety reasons yet you can bodge them onto your Saxo and legally drive around blinding oncoming traffic..

To be honest, that's a non issue, they are aligned just like halogen bulbs and are MOT tested. Only the brightness changes, not the alignment to any appreciable extent.

Back
Top Bottom