High CPU and mobo temps on A8n32

Sul

Sul

Associate
Hi,

Was just playing a game today and noticed my CPU temp shot up to 62C and my mobo to around 48C and the probing software gave me a few alerts about this. My room temperature was probably around 25 - 27C.

When installing the heatsink, I didn't realise that it came pre-applied with paste, so I had already applied some thermal silver paste on the CPU. I didn't bother cleaning off the paste on the heatsink and just installed it. Would this be causing a problem? I'm not sure what thermal paste was on the freezer 64 Pro, but a friend told me mixing that with the silver isn't a good idea.

Should I start over and clean the thermal paste and re-apply with silver? I've only put together my system 2 days ago.

Last edited:

Sul

Sul

Associate
OP
Okay I've just re-applied the silver and done it properly this time using just enough to cover the surface as recommended.

Right now my mobo is at 39C and my CPU at 47C - the computer isn't doing much, just on windows, idle. They seem a little high to me, what do you think? Apparently the mobo being at 40C is normal, don't know about CPU - will take a bit of time for the thermal paste to set in?

Back
Top Bottom