High Cpu with Discord in Call

Associate
I've tried saying this on many forums but haven't gotten a reply. This is my last ditch effort

I have searched every corner of the web for a resolution to my problem, but alas, to no avail.

DISCORD IS EATING MY CPU ALIVE!

I need to use it because literally all of my friends are on it and it's the main way I talk to my long distance lover. I have tried Hardware Acceleration both on and off, I have tried reinstalling both versions, I have tried to search for any conflicts, but it just keeps eating at least 30% of my CPU whenever I'm in call. I've got a mid tier system, and I just think my CPU is dying now. I used to be able to play Overwatch at 1980 x 1020 at the highest settings (bar 200% resolution) and retain 60fps. Now I have to go down to 720p and lower with lowest settings because of how much it ruins my PC. I lose all frames mid battle because it just can't take it. My GPU doesn't seem to be struggling. I have 300+ frames in the Training Area, and more in some maps. It's just when things start getting intense, and these drops only happen in call.

My spec
AMD FX - 4300 Quad Core

Nvidia 1050 TI 4GB

32GB DDR3 RAM

Standard SATA 1TB Mechanical Hard Drive

To be clear, I have tried hardware acceleration on and off, I have tried reinstalling with both versions of discord, I have updated all of my drivers and even tried a few past ones. I've even searched nearly every software on my PC to see if I find anything on conflicts. Discord Overlay is always off, along with every other overlay that comes with steam, Uplay. etc. I am up for any idea as of now, other than abandoning discord for in game chat or teamspeak.

As a smaller separate issue, it also keeps doing 5 updates whenever I log on now. I don't know if they just update discord daily or not, but it fails every time on the first attempt, and needs relaunching manually.

Back
Top Bottom