High DPC Latency (ndis.sys nvlddmkm.sys dxgkrnl.sys) - Need a hero

Associate
Hi All,

I've got a fairly recent Ryzen5 1600 build and recently noticed high DPC latency with associated audio lag against video playback (youtube etc) with the odd pop\crack.

Using Latency monitor I've managed to isolate the issue as being my network adaptor for the most part (Associated Sys files in title). Without the card enabled there is still some residual latency caused by the Nvidia and direct x drivers but my reading suggests this is the norm, sadly)

Things I've tried\ruled out:

No impact

* Updated Network card driver
* Updated motherboard bios\firmware
* Removed all overclocking
* Updated to latest Nvidia Drivers
* Tried the Windows 8.1 driver for my network card

Significantly reduced the issue

* Disabled\Removed Network Card (The odd Nvidia blip still occurs)

My setup:

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3-CF
Processor: Ryzen5 1600 six core
Memory: 16Gb DDR4
GPU: Nvidia 1060 3Gb
Network Adapter: TP-Link PCI Express 300Mbps Wireless N Adapter (Model: WN881ND)
Storage: SSD Main, two secondary HDD for Storage (No untoward drive activity observed)

So with the Network card more or less the smoking gun, I guess I'm hoping someone has a similar rig\Motherboard and OS combo, that can recommend a network card I can replace mine with that doesn't suffer the issues I'm having.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Paul

Soldato
Associate
OP
That looks ideal, thanks for the recommendation EsaT!

I think the lesson learned here is avoid Atheros. I'll keep that in mind.

Soldato
Without the card enabled there is still some residual latency caused by the Nvidia and direct x drivers but my reading suggests this is the norm, sadly)

It is. However, you can use the Disable Nvidia Telemetry app and also (if using HDMI to monitor from video card, or a different connector that can carry audio) turn off the audio in Nvidia Control Panel. Not sure if the effect is noticeable but isn't bad practice, imo, as it's needless for most people.

Associate
You can always leave the telemetry, the audio drivers and other stuff that's not useful out when you install the Nvidia updates.

I'm sure I got this off here but I can't find the post so sorry for not crediting for it. This is it below, I copied and pasted it to notepad when I originally saw it for future use.

If you don't use all the bloatware that is included in the drivers, just install the bare minimum. Manually extract (using 7-zip or similar) the following folders Display Driver, HDAudio, NV12 and PhysX along with the following files EULA.txt, ListDevices.txt, setup.cfg and setup.exe. Then just run setup.exe to install. No more bloatware, no more geforce experiance and no more telemetry.

oAOkYtG.jpg.png

Soldato
Cheers for sharing that far more thorough method @Baggi0. Just tried it with:

Display.Driver
NV12
PhysX
EULA.txt
ListDevices.txt
setup.cfg
setup.exe

and it worked a treat. Still has the Nvidia Control Panel and allowed overclocking the monitor, managing 3D settings etc.

Associate
OP
Great advice guys thanks. I've ordered the adapter, and once installed, I'll try the Nvidia fixes.

Much appreciated.

Associate
Cheers for sharing that far more thorough method @Baggi0. Just tried it with:

Display.Driver
NV12
PhysX
EULA.txt
ListDevices.txt
setup.cfg
setup.exe

and it worked a treat. Still has the Nvidia Control Panel and allowed overclocking the monitor, managing 3D settings etc.

No worries :)

Back
Top Bottom