• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

high temps 4870 crossfire

Associate
hi all just wandering what temps you would expect to get system crashes at on a crossfire setup, as i just had a crash and my pc would not even start up for about 10 mins, as soon as i could boot i checked bios for cpu temp that was at 43, got into windows booted up ati overdrive, primary adapter was at 82, secondary 53, bearing in mind it had 10 mins to cool down and there is no overclock on my system at all, if this is going to be a problem for me then what good cooling solution would you reccomend for a 4870 to keep temps down. or any other tips would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
ok i just set the fan on teh main card to 100% temps went down to 48, i then disabled the manual fan control so back to factory default and at idle nothing runnig at all temps are up to 71 and rising somethings deffo wrong.

Associate
my 4870x2 idles around 70-75 there hot running cards mine hits 100% fan in everygame if i don't have vsync my systems in sig.. case is a coolmaster 355 but i've got fans allover it.. ><

Soldato
mine never hits 100% fan speed, even after making the fan profile more aggressive (rivatuner), but yeh they are fairly hot cards

Associate
OP
well i swapped them around, i had the oldest one as main card and the newest as secondary, oldest one is a dual slot version, so now they are the other way around, temps are a bit better, but i have now left them on 60% in ccc, so now around 52 degs, might try rivatuner to set a custom fan control, does rivatuner have to be permanantly runnig to use a custom fan control.

Associate
My cards I set the fans to 30% on both cards while idle and up to 45% when gaming. Keeps my temps around 65-70 on my main card in games and abit lower on the bottom card. Hope this gives you a comparison.

Back
Top Bottom