Highlander

Soldato
I got this DVD free with the NOTW the other week (the only reason I bought the paper, I usually buy The Star :D). Now I remember this film being great when I was younger but my God, it's a load of crap isn't it! There are loads of holes in the story, the acting is pretty bad (where is MacCleod from? Scotland? South Africa? Latvia?) and you can even see the wires holding Christopher Lambert in the air at the end of the film. I was honestly suprised at how bad it was. Surely it can't have been a hugely sucessful film in '86!

Man of Honour
Lots of hugely successful films don't hold up so well to scrutiny years later. Its been a while since I watched it but I do recall it as a great film regardless of the accents(if you want to pick improbable look to Sir Sean as Portoguese or whatever he is ;)).

Soldato
didnt get this one in the paper but i got it on video, i do remember it being great when i was younger tho. I did how ever get conan which i may have to watch. I just find it really difficult watching old arnie films now the huge powerhouse of man he was and now hes a govenor!

Soldato
OP
lol, yes, I'd forgoten about his accent too! I thinks it's mainly the poor story line that lets it down.

Oh and for anyone that's interested, I found out Sheila Gish who plays Rachel in Highlander died last year from facial cancer.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I got the very same free DVD and yes, the film is woeful, the acting is woeful and the plot is just nonsense.

Credit must go to Lambert though, he trained with a voice coach to make his accent 'international', so at least that worked.

Back
Top Bottom