• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HIS IceQ X1900XT

Soldato
I got 5735 3dmark06 points when I had the X1900XT-X.

The X1900XT shouldnt be that much different.

I didnt change any settings in the CCC just left them as you would as default settings.

Personally, I dont think his score is low, maybe the CPU is holding it back.

Associate
Mrchu_ said:
OMG are these guys still using city link,they are rubbish for cities

And for everthing in between! I always try and get the weight down on my orders to get special delivery lol.

The next card i get is gonna have to be a HIS... i mean they look so cool, and performance is always good! Would anyone agree they produce the best cards on ATI's chipsets?

Associate
SeanyK said:

I didnt change any settings in the CCC just left them as you would as default settings.

if the 3dmark06 program performs multi threaded tests then dual cpu systems are gonna score more hence the apparent weak score.

but lets face it in 99% of games dual cpu's aren't worth a ****

No swearing.

Otacon

Soldato
SeanyK said:

Agreed, my Sapphire XT gave 5602 @ stock and then 5972 @ XT-X and then 6025 @ 685/786 :) am sure a few points come from my OC'd 3800+ ;)

Associate
Foehammer2003 said:
The next card i get is gonna have to be a HIS... i mean they look so cool, and performance is always good! Would anyone agree they produce the best cards on ATI's chipsets?

Agree 100%. My current card is a HIS X700 pro. Looks absolutely gorgeous and runs pretty damn well for the age of my system :D

Looks like I'll be getting the HIS X1900 for my crossfire setup.

BTW, whats ATi overdrive?

Associate
I was thinking about getting one of these but I've decided to get an ATI XFire card instead as I'll be able to upgrade in six months time when ATI discontinue the X1900XT or if I ever decide to sell it, I'll get more for it as it's a XFire card.

Associate
NightmareXX said:
BTW, whats ATi overdrive?

ATI Overdrive is basically another version of ATI tool, except its coded by ATI themselves, and is supported in the catalyst driver apparently, not sure which chipsets it supports, definately 9600xt and 9800 cards, have heard it supports x800 too.

But it only allows you to OC the core and NOT the mem speed, but thats soon to change!

Caporegime
Foehammer2003 said:
ATI Overdrive is basically another version of ATI tool, except its coded by ATI themselves, and is supported in the catalyst driver apparently, not sure which chipsets it supports, definately 9600xt and 9800 cards, have heard it supports x800 too.

But it only allows you to OC the core and NOT the mem speed, but thats soon to change!

My x1900 ati overdrive lets me overclock either.

Associate
Mrchu_ said:
OMG are these guys still using city link,they are rubbish for cities

They are better than many of the others, believe me I work for one of the other complanies, I have acquaintance with many other couriers. Nationally the City Link averages are better than most other companies who employ owner drivers (I'm an owner driver).

On a given day I see at least 2 City Link drivers covering a round I cover on my own, they have less work and stress. They have also just moved back in house, so no more franchises. You may have worse results for a given area, but OCUK use them for a reason, they're the best of a bad bunch, remember they have to look at their averages, there will always be failures. Most of this is due to the lack of goverment legislation regarding multi drop couriers. I see most people slagging couriers off, many times it's justified, but if they only knew what a days work actually involves..

Although it's not posiible for every firm, epecially the larger ones, many of my smaller customers now use Couriers firms based on their service to a known location, it takes many years of sending freight to discover who's best in a district. Some customers will have accounts for three seperate firms, using the best for each area.

You can't apply this to OCUK, shipping rates and discounts are applied according to volume of shipments, they have a deal and pricing structure in place. ATM from what I know through placing my own orders, they have a set rate which covers orders over 10kg too. Although the £8 seems high for smaller parcels, it saves cost for heavier orders.
You also have to take into account that certain dispatch times are not always available with every firm. I can make some of my collections at 1.30pm, some of my customers want them @ 4.30 pm, you can't have a driver everywhere at once.

Using other firms would probably require more staff at the dispatch end, so that would mean at least another £15,000 average per annum for one new member of staff.

Raja

I have posted this in the genral forum too, just for people to try to understand what goes on behind the scenes.

BTW Most courier firms should reimburse for failed deliveries, OCUK should be able to get shipping costs back for deliveries that have not been made on time without good reason.

Soldato
OP
ATI overdrive has set my XT (not XT-X) at 665mhz Core and 798Mhz memory. Erm wtf isn't this slightly high for the stock cooling? (even though it's His ICEQ)

During the 10 minute phase where it set this, the air coming out the back was insanely hot.

Caporegime
What's the temperature of the IceQ card when it's running full throttle? My X850XT card regularly hits 96°C during Oblivion with the stock cooling and no O/Cing.

Soldato
OP
75 after running the Toy Shop demo for 5 minutes when overclocked at above XT-X speeds (665 core)

Around 50 idle

My system also turns on about 5 extra fans during the Toy Shop demo. It detects the rise in temp and activates them.

Back
Top Bottom