• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HIS X1900XT...£219???

kbc

kbc

Associate
Mang0 Tree said:
Cheers guys, been wanting to buy a 7900GT, but so many of them are being RMA that I'm now going down the ATI route :D

My X1900XT totally dwarfs my 7900GT in size, but in a good way. :cool: Mine idles at about 54-57C. But on load can go up to 80C in a hardcore game of CS Source. :D The HIS is a very good deal!

kbc

kbc

Associate
sr4470 said:
My X800XL gets to 80C and starts to lock up in games :confused:

I wasn't sure last night if I saw some artifacts either... wasn't a lot but it was pretty hot last night when I was playing CS. :(

I've just recently got one of these air circulators for my room, as it was getting soooo hot. So I just placed one of these next to my case, and yes - they push a lot of air. :D

0004889455315lgry3.jpg

Associate
sugoi said:
received my card today, but it's rather funny as i bought it on friday, guess i should have waited till today then i could have saved £12... snip....very nice price though especially for this card.

Same here, I received mine yesterday. The rest of my stuff should be here tomorrow so I should be able to get my PC built and see how good the card is.
I'm moving from an AGP X800 Pro clocked to XT speeds so hope for a nice improvement.

Associate
sugoi said:
received my card today, but it's rather funny as i bought it on friday, guess i should have waited till today then i could have saved £12... anyway it's idling at 51c right now, was playing CS:Source earlier with HDR on and the card went up to 78C maximum, but i was only playing for a little while, i think it's the noise reduction more than the temperature you will notice, it is very quiet though, i can't even hear mine on boot up that much.

very nice price though especially for this card.

as you know i ordered mine on monday evening so im more peed off :rolleyes:
mine is running at 45c idle 65c load after 1hr of oblivion in ultra high 1280x1024 ... just got to get hdr&aa working

i should add ive got a desktop fan on by my open case as well !

did you notice the side of the box ? i thought they had sent me the turbo edition until i read the vey tiny "optional" in front of turbo :D

are you using the 6.6 cats ? the control panel kept causing an illegal operation
for me and i was stuck at 60hz on any res, im now using omega drivers (cat6.5).... these dont come with the wdm driver, i had to get the 6.5wdm driver from ati

Last edited:
Soldato
Lewcifer said:
Indeed they look it. I'll be replacing my 7800GTX with one, which should tide me over until DX10's worth shelling out for.
Yep, will defintely keep you going untill the next couple of rounds of DX10 cards come out (& DX10 games too). Bargain price too.

Associate
For a moment I thought you meant it was £219 inc. VAT, I nearly wet myself. :p £258 is still great, that's about £12 off what it was a couple of days ago I think?

Associate
OP
HicRic said:
For a moment I thought you meant it was £219 inc. VAT, I nearly wet myself. £258 is still great, that's about £12 off what it was a couple of days ago I think?

Ah, well it'll be £219 for me :D but I'll stop mentioning that now... :p
It was £229 ex VAT a few days ago alright.

Associate
freddib said:
as you know i ordered mine on monday evening so im more peed off :rolleyes:
mine is running at 45c idle 65c load after 1hr of oblivion in ultra high 1280x1024 ... just got to get hdr&aa working

i should add ive got a desktop fan on by my open case as well !

did you notice the side of the box ? i thought they had sent me the turbo edition until i read the vey tiny "optional" in front of turbo :D

are you using the 6.6 cats ? the control panel kept causing an illegal operation
for me and i was stuck at 60hz on any res, im now using omega drivers (cat6.5).... these dont come with the wdm driver, i had to get the 6.5wdm driver from ati

I didn't actually notice the side of the box, but i didn't even touch the CDs which came with the card that was in the box, i just downloaded the latest drivers from the ATI website which is 6.6, and all seems to be running fine - powering 2 monitors as well. My temps right now are idling at 50C and last night playing cs:source for a good 3 hours, the temperature went to 70C max, which is cooler than my 7800GTX which probably would have been another 10C higher i reckon, especially last night being so hot. Also seems to lower the average temperature in my case. i'm very happy that i bought this card. :p

Associate
Lewcifer said:
Ah, well it'll be £219 for me :D but I'll stop mentioning that now... :p
It was £229 ex VAT a few days ago alright.

I'm going to be enjoying the This Week Only offer on the x1800xt instead, £150 for a card that fast? :eek: Enjoy your VAT-lessness, you lucky so-and-so. :D

OcUK Staff
Lewcifer said:
Ahhh wait now, I've just seen the X1950's due for release in early August..maybe I should hang on til then to make a decision. But it's such a long time to not play Oblivion.. :D

More likely to be September.

There will be:-
X1950 XTX 512MB (Will replace the current X1900 XTX but will cost slightly more)
X1950 XT 256MB (Will cost about same as current X1900 XT 512MB)

Stock likely to be on shelfs in September time.....

Associate
sugoi said:
I didn't actually notice the side of the box, but i didn't even touch the CDs which came with the card that was in the box, i just downloaded the latest drivers from the ATI website which is 6.6, and all seems to be running fine - powering 2 monitors as well. My temps right now are idling at 50C and last night playing cs:source for a good 3 hours, the temperature went to 70C max, which is cooler than my 7800GTX which probably would have been another 10C higher i reckon, especially last night being so hot. Also seems to lower the average temperature in my case. i'm very happy that i bought this card. :p

ive sussed out why the other his card is more expencive its a turbo edition
box ... check HIS site and click "how to tell if you have turbo edition"
the box is the same as on ocuk

i think i need to reinstall my OS ... bit annoing ive only just got everything set up from my last install but ive read that changing from nvidia to ati
that you should do a fresh install of xp .... i did use driver cleaner/disabled mcafee and no problems with installation ..... tryed the dhzeropoint chuck 6.5
and the control panel (newer one) still causes illegal operations,i can still set options if i dont ok the error prompt ,i just have to restart the ccc
but oblivion seems to work ok ive set my aa to 4x and taa on, 16x af
i think hdr is on ... its selected in options ... got an illegal op when i started oblivion (ccc again)but i left the error prompt on desktop .... my system did not want to shut down though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom