Soldato
The sequel to the 2016 title is due November 13th this year, and for better or worse, is ditching the episodic release format. Apparently though, it'll still get the same kind of extra content that the 2016 game did, i.e. elusive targets, escalation contracts etc. The announcement trailer below centres around the game's first sandbox level, a motor racing event in Miami.

If you pre-order now;
  • you will get instant access to Hitman: Sniper Assassin co-op thingy of which I know very little (trailer below)
  • you're a mug - friends don't let friends pre-order.

Probably the biggest change since the last game is that Warner Bros are now publishing. Given the loot box nonsense of Shadow of War (although eventually reversed), I'd be wary of them trying to monetise the **** out of this. Already there are grumbles about the special editions available on the Steam page - RPS say;

My only concern is the pricing of the game. It’s not surprising that the basic version of the game costs £45/$60, but there are also Silver and Gold editions costing £60/$80 and £70/$100 respectively. Silver promises one expansion, Gold promises two, but the wording chosen may betray their scale; Silver adds a ‘new location’ and Gold adds ‘new locations’. Only one new map per pack? I’d be glad to be wrong, but I’m the cynical sort when it comes to major publishers, and Io Interactive have partnered with mega-studio Warner Bros for this one.

Wait and see on that one, I suppose. Oh, and yes, there has already been a Hitman 2. And finally, the briefcase is back.

Soldato
Genius idea I saw coming, develop the engine, release episodes of the game to drag it out.

Use the same engine and assets to develop a new game and start the process again.

At least I should be able to pickup Hitman 1 for cheap soon.

Soldato
I didn't like the last one. I thought it had too much online related "fluff". All I'd like is a successor to Blood Money; a self contained experience with a great story.

Soldato
I didn't like the last one. I thought it had too much online related "fluff". All I'd like is a successor to Blood Money; a self contained experience with a great story.

The online related fluff was a non-issue. I played the first one like I played Blood Money and it was fantastic, only wish it had more maps. But the maps were detailed and extensive, so I get why there were less of them.

I am glad they are making Hitman 2 full release and not episodic. I just hope they hire Jesper Kyd again.

Soldato
Can someone clear up the pre order? I want to buy the version that will include all future DLC/chapters like the first one. Loved the first and willing to put money into the second.

preorder.png

Answered, seems 2 expansions are planned, so I need gold edition. $100...

Oh, and please IO, have realistic accents this time round lol

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hitman 2 DLC ‘Hitman Legacy Pack’ announced, includes all six locations from original Hitman

Known as the Hitman Legacy Pack, all six locations – Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido – will be accessible as downloadable content (DLC) and will incorporate various new features from Hitman 2, including a brand new progression system, addition of hiding in foliage and crowds displayed at improved fidelity, picture-in-picture mode, strategic use of mirrors, improved combat A.I., new gameplay items like the briefcase, dart gun, flash grenades, etc., new difficulty levels, and much more!

As new elements and game modes are continually added to Hitman 2, as well as the previous game’s locations, “World of Assassination” will offer a continuous experience that will never stop growing and never stop challenging players, defining the past, present and future of Hitman.

The Hitman Legacy Pack will be available to owners of the previous game for free. Owners of Season 1 can download the remastered and enhanced content once Hitman 2 launches without any additional costs.

Soldato
Maybe it's just me; maybe I'm getting too old. But game releases and the subsequent management of their dlc, extras, add-ons, enhancements, freebies etc, is becoming increasingly convoluted. Meh, I'll still buy it though..

Soldato
The last one I loved it to bits just my type of game. I bought it late so got all the episodes in one for something like £12.

Will wait as everyone speaking with an american accent ruined the last one for me, still not bothered finishing it

Dont think that will be a problem this time ! Casting Sean Bean as one of the villains to kill is pure genius.
I think he must have got involved because the last few films he has been in he hasnt died ! ;)
Bought it for £18 too. (Standard)

Caporegime
Well I bought the GotY edition on PS4 and got as far as Colorado but think I started to get a bit bored. Bought it again on PC (thanks Humble Bundle) but now I'm going to wait to replay those original levels in Hitman 2. Dunno when I'm going to get it though. Looking at 2020 before the price goes down low enough. <cheapskate>

I'm not too bothered about missing elusive targets. I generally cocked them up anyway on PS4 and you don't get more than one go at them.

Soldato
Well I bought the GotY edition on PS4 and got as far as Colorado but think I started to get a bit bored. Bought it again on PC (thanks Humble Bundle) but now I'm going to wait to replay those original levels in Hitman 2. Dunno when I'm going to get it though. Looking at 2020 before the price goes down low enough. <cheapskate>

I'm not too bothered about missing elusive targets. I generally cocked them up anyway on PS4 and you don't get more than one go at them.

Sods law, I got the gold edition for $50 (normally $100), I played the first training mission and then the first campaign mission. But didn't get a chance since to play. So having the game 4 days early made 0 difference lol. But at least I've got the next 2 expansions covered.

Back
Top Bottom