1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Hitman 3 Performance Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LtMatt, 23 Jan 2021.

1. LtMatt

Caporegime

2. Jay85

Soldato

Wanna give this a try but like all hitman games i've always waited till its on sale or on offer lol.

3. Grim5

Soldato

No 8k benchmarks?

FYI the RTX3090 can run hitman 3 at 8k 60fps max settings

4. Wrinkly

Mobster

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/hitman_3_pc_graphics_perf_benchmark_review,9.html

Maybe once it hits Steam with RT support.

5. BlueInf

Gangster

Makes sense you’ll get the Gold or GOTY with all the DLC.

6. JediFragger

Caporegime

Very nice! Might have to get this at some point :)

7. Brazo

Mobster

Are you sure?! 8k/30fps yes but not 60.

@OP

I have been playing it and it’s pretty basic graphically (4K ultra) albeit some nice lighting touches. Even the new Xbox console can hit 4K 60 native on this game.

8. Gerard

Caporegime

I'm sure the 5 people on the planet that own an 8k screen will be thrilled with that :)

9. ltron

Mobster

Another modern game that AMD is doing really well in.

10. Grim5

Soldato

Its not locked 60, but its up there and seems to average around 56fps with highs of 70fps

11. JediFragger

Caporegime

I think overall 6800 buyers aren't going to be disappointed in RDNA2 whatsoever when all's said and done :)

12. ltron

Mobster

Yes, it's a very good architecture.

13. Grim5

Soldato

god enough to carry over to next gen it seems. Rumour mill says rdna3 is two big Navi stick together with new infinit fabric

14. Lokken86

Mobster

Good performance by the vanilla 6800 here.

15. nvidiamd

Hitman

:D

16. Poneros

Soldato

It's still a good looking game even if it's not pushing any boundaries, and thus performance is solid. Had 4K 60 with lots of power to spare on a 6800. Not really sure what I'd want from it more in terms of gfx, I know it has RTX coming later but I feel like it won't matter too much because the game needs more geometric detail first of all. The most obvious RT - reflections, won't be as impactful here since we have both SSR & bind-to-texture, and the rest are not going to be so obvious (shadows etc). Right now my main complaint is that the HDR is broken and thus I've shelved it until it gets fixed. They've had it for 3 games now but they've not gotten a grasp on it at all.

17. VincentHanna

Capodecina

HDR works fine in Hitman 2 and 3 on my OLED. Use exclusive full screen mode.

Why do you think it's broken?

18. Grim5

Soldato

what's so funny?

19. nvidiamd

Hitman

You were a little wrong with Radeon performance. And i think it will be very close to the 3090 in 8k too, it has enough RAM to do 8K gaming. Linus tested some games with 8k and AMD did pretty well there, and there is still a problem with Radeon cards power limit, Nvidia was consuming like 440-450W on average while the Radeon was around 360W. On some Radeon cards the hardware for higher power limit is there but they need a better bios/driver.

What is surprising in this game is the huge performance penalty on the 3080 at 4k (if the numbers are right). We were used to see the 3080 performing much better at 4k against Radeon, than at 1440p. It's not happening here, the 3080 is caught even by the 6800 at 4k.

20. Poneros

Soldato

In 2 it had issues with getting it to stick, but once done it was fine. In 3 it simply doesn't tone-map properly, it seems fine in dark areas but when you are out on the pipes before you get into the tower you can see the sun not being tone-mapped properly so you see the circle as if going below the nits value it should have, and that's irrespective of the HDR slider which doesn't seem to affect it either. It looks like it's in eclipse almost, and this is a daytime scene.

It looks like on the left, when it should be more like on the right.
    [​IMG]