Hitting a woman

Caporegime
Headlock f t w.

It is hard sometimes not to especially when there attacking you. Never hit a women though and never will do unless I really really have to.

Soldato
Ditto.

However I'm too much of a gentleman - I don't get my kicks out of hurting women or men and since I'm stronger than most men and women it's a bit daft.

As I said before in this thread over 2 years ago, unless my life was in danger and I felt it was either hit the person or end up in a very bad way, of course survival instinct takes over. Without wanting to offend women, unless she had a big knife or gun I'd easily restrain her.

I guess I must be one of the few of these type of people left in the world (or just on this forum) but I do see women as the beautiful polar opposite beings to us males - I do not think they are inefrior or weaker though so please do not read between the lines incorrectly, I very much see women as an equal, but there is no doubt at all that physically in general men outpower women. It takes a wimp of man to strike a woman IMO - unless of course one's life is on the line then instinct kicks in - but that's entirely different. I've been slapped by drunken women when working as a bar supervisor and refused to serve them more drinks, ok I was in a professional environment and had security on them pronto but not once did I have the flinching instinct to retaliate. I'm by no means a wimp, in fact I'd say I'm the opposite.

I just think most of it is forum machismo and most of you wouldn't. However I can promise you this if I ever catch a man beating a woman no matter what the issue that man will have to go through me before hitting her again. I abhor violence.

then again most of this is cold rational thought, when confronted in a situation, adrenaline and instinct takes over - but what I have said above is what I believe I would do and hope I would live by those rules.

Actually I think your reply is pretty much what I would say, and I agree 100 percent.

Caporegime
There's not really any need to ever hit a woman, if you're being attacked restraint would suffice as in most cases the man is stronger.

Soldato
back in the day women were women and were physically weaker.. these days a lot of them wear trackies and hit as hard as the lads!

Exactly. They can't have equality and shivery.

I'd only hit a woman if they were going berserk on me. They is no excuse for a full on punch unless you are in danger.

Associate
id never hit em, unless its part of self-defense training for the woman in question.
a good lock or hold should be enough to restrain a woman attacking you, afflicting the minimum amount of pain necessary to subdue the attack.

Associate
There's not really any need to ever hit a woman, if you're being attacked restraint would suffice as in most cases the man is stronger.

Depends how big each party is surely? I'm only 5ft 6in, so I'm probably about the same size as the average woman - its unlikely I'd be sucessful in restraining one if she intended to do me some harm!

I am a gentleman, and I would never hit a woman out of malice or anger. My girlfriend has hit me before in the face (only the once during a drunken argument), and I didn't react at all.

But to defend myself I would do so if necessary (just like I'd have no compunction kicking a fella in the jewels). At the end of the day when you're short like me you don't have many options!

Associate
my whole philosphy is treat others as they treat you.

so some1 treats me like crap i do it back but worse, so if a woman starts attacking me and punching me in the face or something, i wouldn't even hesitate to drop her. being female doesn't give u the right to get away with physical abuse, same for men.

Back
Top Bottom