Hitting a woman

Man of Honour
DanTheMan said:
I'd hit a woman if they hit me first for no apparent reason. I'm not going to just stand there and get my face smashed in off her, that's just silly.

I don't know many women who could actually hurt me that much*, without me restraining her, or blocking her strikes though... I'm talking about the average woman on the street. It's a fact that men are naturally stronger than women - we can do so much damage to each other with our hands without even realising.

* of course I'd be covered in bruises and it'll probably actually hurt... but not enough for me to hit them back.

Soldato
Sometimes you can lash out from instinct. That's what happen'd 2 me once when some girly grabbed me by the hair from behind. Luckily I only slapped her without thinking. I wouldn't deliberately hit anyone unless I had 2.

Permabanned
Lets not forget here lads.....you can restrain a lady and laugh at her continually as she desperatelytries to hurt you but cant.....this is far more effective than physical violence and theres nothing they can prove in court!

Now of course i would never condone this action, even if the lady in question was a total psycho plank.

However its important that we understand that women are so inferior physically to any man that dares call himself one, that we should never even contemplate lashing out, unless of course attacked by a woman, with a weapon, who cannot be restrained, or unless you are prepared to stand up in court and profer that you are weaker than said woman. Which in the minority of case may actually be true.

The truth is that at 6'2" and weighing 16st of reasonable muscle id be so unfairly matched against 99% of women in a stand up fight that they would need an uzi to be a threat.

So no your average man should not hit a woman period.

Associate
My GF has just acuused me of all sorts, nothing major, just huffing and puffing all night, at her. My only defence was that I had one ear piece tuned into the Man U v Blackburn game :confused:

That wasn't a good enough reason, so I've come upstairs out of the way :(

Saying that we have had our fights, she doesn't mind hitting me as hard as she can, if it's really bad, but I've learned not to retaliate.

Maybe the worse thing for me is that she bruses really easily, so in the morning she shows me where 'I grabbed her' and says 'Look what you did'

I can't win either way so I don't bother :(

To those that say a woman is weaker than a bloke, it's not all about muscule!!!

Edit: Notice all the sad faces :(

Soldato
Aww poor geezer :( I said to my (now ex) the only thing I would probably do is spank her ass (which she laughed at) but seriously...you never know until youre in the situation (as guy said in a post).

Man of Honour
I used to do martial arts so under that "protected" environment I have a few times, i.e. under the appropriate circumstances. But of course I would never intentionally physically attack a bird instead I try to insult them verbally if the need is there (i.e. they're being lippy to me first.....hey I'm in Liverpool). As Gimpymoo says above if a member of my family is threatened then I have no problems whatsoever.

What annoys me the most is women who seem to think that as a result of men being courteous enough not to hit them, they themselves can start being violent instead. And what i've unfortunetly seen once before is a bloke who clearly was being slapped for the fun of it thump a bird back....erck....:(

Last edited:
Permabanned
m8 you shouldnt allow that, women can be man-beaters too and its nothing at all to be ashamed of. When u cant hit back its bullying, plain and simple. Tell her that when she hits you it hurts, and its unfair that you cant defend yourself.

Soldato
There are some real nasty and evil people about- including women. Though I would never go out of my way 2 hit a women I think the most sensible recourse would be 2 judge each case on its own merits- sometimes you won't be given a choice . I certainly would not have stood by and let that poor bloke get a beating by anyone.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I dont hit women first but I have no problems hitting back. If someone can dish out the hits than they should be able to recieve them also. They are no different than any other person who throw punches.

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Ultra_Extreme said:
Lets not forget here lads.....you can restrain a lady and laugh at her continually as she desperatelytries to hurt you but cant.....this is far more effective than physical violence and theres nothing they can prove in court!
How do you restrain her without touching her? :confused:

Because if you mean you'd physically restrain her, that most definitely could land you in court, on an assault charge. Of course, 'self defence' is a defence, and it may well work, but you don't even need to actually touch someone to assault them. If youmake any threatening gesture that credibly makes them fear imminent harm, you're assaulting them. So making a gesture from 100 yards away isn't assault, but screaming at someone, waving your fist under their nose and threatening to punch their lights out IS, if you are close enough for them to fear imminent violence.

And as soon as you add physically contact (such as holding their wrists), it can become assault and battery.

I fear you're very much mistaken as to what can be proven in court, and what could land you there.

Associate
I'm all for equal rights, so when a lass at school (ekk over 15 years ago) hit me, I hit her back. She went running to the headmaster and complained.
Its a simple option for me, I won't hit anyone, or threaten to hit anyone, unless they attack me first. At that point they've made the decision for me, and its their own fault. I don't care what sex they are, they get physical with me, I'll lose it and get violent.
Afterwards I have the same reaction, regardless of their sex, and thats guilt. Cos if I hit someone I'm doing it to try and take them down and get the hell away from them asap.

Last edited:
Wise Guy
Permabanned
Stiff_Cookie said:
I dont hit women first but I have no problems hitting back. If someone can dish out the hits than they should be able to recieve them also. They are no different than any other person who throw punches.
My view exactly.

I'm not looking to hit a woman, but then, I'm not looking to hit anybody else either. I can't think of any circumstances I'd be likely to hit a woman first, save for self-defence or the defence of another person, and even then, minimal force would be used.

But NO woman, including my wife, should feel she has carte blanche to clock me one just because she's a woman. She hits me, she's VERY likely to get hit, with similar force, back. So I don't mean that I'd knock her teeth out if she slapped me, but one slap would very likely be responded to with one back.

And to those that say it's wrong for a man to hit a woman because he can restrain her, well, I'd say you HAVE to be young, fit and blinkered to think that is always the case. Suppose the woman is young, fit and well muscled, and the man is 80 and arthritic. Who has the physical advantage over who then?

Yes, they're extremes, but the point is that unless you are young, fit and strong, don't assume you're necessarily the stronger, and even if you are, don't make the mistake of assuming it's by much or that it will help you. Unless you know exactly what you're doing, grabbing a woman's wrists may well leave you open to a knee in the nuts, a high heel in the foot or a hard kick on the shin ..... any of which could be followed up by gouging or clawing at eyes, etc, when you yelp and let her wrists go.

No, sorry. Any woman that physically attacks me better be ready to get thumped, because I'm likely to not be in a mood to take chances. If a woman wants to be safe from getting hit by me, it's simple .... don't hit me first, and don't threaten my family. But if you do, you take your chances about my response.

Last edited:
Associate
The only problem with restraining them is they'll simply claim it was sexual assault, and then you're screwed... :p

If a woman slapped me, provided I deserved it, I wouldn't retalliate. However if they kick me in the face, then chances are I would return the favour.

Back
Top Bottom