Hitting a woman

Associate
SexyBetty said:
If I can give it, Id expect it back

As is my thoughts on the matter, if you can throw a punch you can take a punch.

Edit: reading through other posts its nice to see most of us agree

Last edited:
Hitman
Permabanned
Generally men are stronger than women, and should therefore only use defensive moves or restraint. In my opinion a woman should not be hit.

Permabanned
SexyBetty said:
If I can give it, I'd expect it back
Harib0 said:
Quoted as a female
Fair play to you both.

Unfortunately there are enough women out there who will hit a man first in the expectation that he will be too gentlemanly to hit her back. That sort of cowardice earns a response IMHO. I found that blocking usually causes enough pain to make them stop, especially if it's their shin against the side of my boot.

Generally speaking I'd rather not (still socially conditioned ;)), but if push comes to shove then I will.
Sequoia said:
Unless you know exactly what you're doing, grabbing a woman's wrists may well leave you open to a knee in the nuts, a high heel in the foot or a hard kick on the shin ..... any of which could be followed up by gouging or clawing at eyes, etc, when you yelp and let her wrists go.
And that's why. I've seen the mess that a spike heel stamped through the foot makes, and saw the result of one bloke getting one in the thigh - the guy just dropped!

Soldato
No reason for anyone to hit anyone really, men or women. If a woman hit me i'd simply defend myself by restraining her till she calmed down. I'd never hit a woman personally, chuck them on the floor or anything like that.

As for men, lol well I dont go out of my way to hit them but if the situation arose i'd be more likely to lash out at the bloke as opposed to just trying to restrain them. To be honest though, there aren't too many situations that can't be resolved by talking. Its just people dont like it when they are wrong and lash out lol :p

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Women hitting blokes, along with Feminism is such a double standard. If there was Maleism, it would be seen as chauvinistic. I'm all for equal rights but women do take the **** at times. Hitting a women? No. Personally, i'd avoid it at all costs until I HAD to do something.

It upsets me and makes me angry when I see men treating women like crap to the point they're afraid of the man. It isn't right. Nor is it right for a women to strike a man unless they accept retaliation.

Do to others what you'd want done to yourself and don't give if you can't take.

Associate
imo and this is my opinion I would hit a women if she hit me first. With equal rights there should be no problem with this.

If you say that you shouldnt hit a women(if you get hit first) then your only giving them better rights not equal and thus discriminating/being racists towards the male gender.

Hybrids

exs

exs

Associate
I am personally really non-violant.. I have always been in my life.

I am extremly leanient on the amount i can take, i guess thats why i was bullied for so long at school.. i wouldn't take that No swearing now, but if a female the same age as me was trying to hit me i'd just retaliate! if i couldn't, then i'd just hold her until she calmed down, and if she got really dirty and started biting scratching at my eyes or something, then i would have to do something, but it would be last resort..

I dislike how women take this as an advantage.. it's just really bad, i feel that they need a reality check..

I also dislike how some men don't stand up for them selves in a relationship, and the women becomes over powering and the frame of mind as if she's the main boss around the house and can do what she likes.

I've seen this happen, i believe it was on wife swap or a smiliar program, but this guy just let her walk all over him, she done abserlutely no house work, and went out every night with her friends, if that was me, she would be out the bloody house in a split second.

If i had a wife and she tried to hit me, that would be it, i wouldn't stand for that crap..
(i'd tell her to get out and/or i'd leave if it wern't my house!)

Associate
If a woman is abusing the fact that she KNOWS you won't hit her, I'd say it's alright to hit her.

If my girlfriend hit me first, I wouldn't hit her back... I'd just restrain her somehow. I know that if I did hit her I'd do a lot more damage then she'd do to me. But she doesn't come under the rule I said before because I give somewhat more than a flying **** about her.

Associate
Stiff_Cookie said:
I dont hit women first but I have no problems hitting back. If someone can dish out the hits than they should be able to recieve them also. They are no different than any other person who throw punches.

Spot On.

My views exactly. With girlfriends or wives its a different matter of course.

Soldato
Stiff_Cookie said:
I dont hit women first but I have no problems hitting back. If someone can dish out the hits than they should be able to recieve them also. They are no different than any other person who throw punches.

perfectly said :)

Man of Honour
I think we have to remove the gender issue from the debate. The only circumstances in which hitting someone is acceptable is in self defence or self preservation and therefore the attacker deserves all they get, female or not.

A slap I can take, a friendly punch is fine. If I was given a closed fist punch of enough force to cause pain. I would simply tell her the first punch was free but if she ever did it again then I would hit her back.

Don't think this will ever be the case though.

Associate
Many posters here have used the physical advantage as an argument not to hit a woman. If a weedy little guy walked up to you and lamped you would you have the same view?

Man of Honour
Visage said:
Id hit her, then kill her, then revive her, then kill her again, to be honest.
LOL. That reminds me of a line in Becker the US sitcom about a doctor with Ted Danson.

He says to his assistant, who booked him on a gay cruise as a holiday.

"I'm going to kill you then use my powers as a physician to revive you and then I'm going to kill you again" :p

D33

D33

Associate
Women should be hit on a daily basis.
Especially when they try to leave the kitchen.

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.
Gotta beat them to show them who's boss.

;(

I am of course kidding for all those who actually read that thinking "OMG!"

Man of Honour
D33 said:
Women should be hit on a daily basis.
Especially when they try to leave the kitchen.

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.
Gotta beat them to show them who's boss.

;(

I am of course kidding for all those who actually read that thinking "OMG!"

What's the difference between a computer and a woman............;)

Back
Top Bottom