Hitting a woman

Associate
geeza said:
take this situation (that i just thought up)
Your out at night and drunk and get into a fight with a guy over something (probably stupid) you get injured by the guy but manage to floor him, then his bird come over and wacks you to the ground with a heavy object, say an iron bar. Just as she is about to hit you with it many time you manage to get up. Do you
a. walk/run off
b. punch her to the floor before she hits you with it again
c. take it off her and finish boyfriend
d. take it off her and clout her with it
e. B,C and D.

personally I would go along with b then a

As I'm such a wuss ('pacifist'), he would have started the fight, so it was his fault for getting his ass kicked. The girl would have a right to hit me if I'd started it so I'm going for B.

Associate
never been in the situation where it would have crossed my mind. I guess like many others have said in self defence only :(

Associate
nO}{8 said:
In what circumstances is it acceptable to hit a woman?

in my opinion, at the point you realise she's about to hit you.

and if you're then thinking how hard is reasonable, i'd say hard enough to prevent her from hitting you.

---

and like in the movies, if she's hysterical, but that only works if the man is devastatingly hansome :p

Associate
geeza said:
take this situation (that i just thought up)
Your out at night and drunk and get into a fight with a guy over something (probably stupid) you get injured by the guy but manage to floor him, then his bird come over and wacks you to the ground with a heavy object, say an iron bar. Just as she is about to hit you with it many time you manage to get up. Do you
a. walk/run off
b. punch her to the floor before she hits you with it again
c. take it off her and finish boyfriend
d. take it off her and clout her with it
e. B,C and D.

personally I would go along with b then a

ideally, if the situation allowed, i'd go for a variation on b.

i'd choke her out, because that way she'd be unconscious without much damage. anyone who gets punched "to the floor" could well end up with some serious injuries.

but it really depends on the situation, under some circumstances, and given that there's not likely to be a lot of time to think about it, as much force as you can muster, might be just enough to save your life. and if you seriously feel your life is in jeopordy i'd have thought your better off overdoing it than under doing it.

Suspended
Retsef said:
I think usually it's spanking not hitting, but don't quote me on that.

no ive seen vids of standing on certain areas both female and male :eek:

(imagine stalletos on a certain region!)

Soldato
I wouldnt hit a woman unless I or mine were in serious danger of injury or death.

Those who say women should be treated the same as men...I dont agree with..

Women are weaker. That matters because of how much damage they can realistically do to you and also in that they know the result of their own punches..They know it doesnt really hurt..All through highschool girls hit guys and the guys just shrug it off for whatever reason..Most women dont realise that they can actually cause a bit of pain when they hit you. They have little to no experience in actually punching to cause harm..Unlike the majority of men.

Women also have little to no experience of fights and wont know how to actually hit you with any degree of ability..Most men dont know how to punch either but far fewer girls do..

Then theres the whole being a woman thing...a man is a lot more cool headed..If a bloke gets angry and smacks you one, you know he meant it as you got it...If a woman gets all stroppy and starts wailing about with her arms then most of them time its not to actually hurt you...Sexist it may be, but when women get emotional, they have much less control than men.

Im a pacifist anyway..at least when it comes to personal violence...If someone punches me, I wont punch them back unless it looks like theyre continuing the attack.

Suspended
If she hits like a man!

Needlegunner, get out now mate, by the sounds of it shes going to make your life miserable and will use every trick in the book to get her way.

My g/f knows that she can hit me anywhere but the face, even a slap to the face makes my temper cork go shooting out :) Worst ive ever done is pushed her away from me, not violently but enough to make her realise im close to snapping. If i say "Stop it, seriously" then she knows what it means. Id never hit her but im always scared that one day ill end up like my dad!

Associate
This discussion seems to keep coming back again and has many views.

I think the question has to be "In what circumstances is it acceptable to hit a man"? And then consider a man who has a similar physical build and strength to the average women.

Associate
Guys, you must realise we are dealing with a different animal these days. A girl will expect you to hold a door open and say ladies first, then the next minute she will not hesitate to stick a glass in your face.
Just take a look at these little delicate flowers, it's difficult to see past the pint glass and the tattooed biceps.
Only if they act like ladies will they get treated like ladies.

What amazes me are the men who swear they would never hit a grown woman, yet think nothing of laying into a little girl when she's naughty. If you can't hit the big ones, you shouldn't hit the little ones.

Last edited:
Soldato
Clearcut said:
Guys, you must realise we are dealing with a different animal these days. A girl will expect you to hold a door open and say ladies first, then the next minute she will not hesitate to stick a glass in your face.
Just take a look at these little delicate flowers, it's difficult to see past the pint glass and the tattooed biceps.
Only if they act like ladies will they get treated like ladies.

What amazes me are the men who swear they would never hit a grown woman, yet think nothing of laying into a little girl when she's naughty. If you can't hit the big ones, you shouldn't hit the little ones.

Except you dont hit a child to damage her, you do it to hurt a little in order to discipline..I dont know anyone who thinks its ok to lay into a little girl..

and i dunno what kind of girls you hang out with mate, but i can assure you they are a minority..

Associate
Damnations Fury said:
This discussion seems to keep coming back again and has many views.

I think the question has to be "In what circumstances is it acceptable to hit a man"? And then consider a man who has a similar physical build and strength to the average women.

Boxing ring
War
Spilling your pint

Caporegime
NeedleGunner said:
Saying that we have had our fights, she doesn't mind hitting me as hard as she can, if it's really bad, but I've learned not to retaliate.

Get out while you can, its just the same for a bloke you know, women do hit their blokes in a relationship as well, it does happen, not just the blokes who knock their women around. :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Balddog said:
I wouldnt hit a woman unless I or mine were in serious danger of injury or death.

Those who say women should be treated the same as men...I dont agree with..

Women are weaker. That matters because of how much damage they can realistically do to you and also in that they know the result of their own punches..They know it doesnt really hurt..All through highschool girls hit guys and the guys just shrug it off for whatever reason..Most women dont realise that they can actually cause a bit of pain when they hit you. They have little to no experience in actually punching to cause harm..Unlike the majority of men.

Women also have little to no experience of fights and wont know how to actually hit you with any degree of ability..Most men dont know how to punch either but far fewer girls do..

Then theres the whole being a woman thing...a man is a lot more cool headed..If a bloke gets angry and smacks you one, you know he meant it as you got it...If a woman gets all stroppy and starts wailing about with her arms then most of them time its not to actually hurt you...Sexist it may be, but when women get emotional, they have much less control than men.

Im a pacifist anyway..at least when it comes to personal violence...If someone punches me, I wont punch them back unless it looks like theyre continuing the attack.

Absolutely spot on.

Soldato
I think it's very often unfairly biased towards the woman.

If I hit a bloke, I am utterly prepared to take it back. If you can't take it, don't dish it. Agree with Balddog too - I haven't hit anyone since ....*can't remember* years ago, but am pretty sure I'd hit like a girl :D

Suspended
If a woman wants to fight like a man, fight her like she is a man.

In fact, a woman in a pub once took a drunken swing at me so i picked her up and stuck her backside in the bin. Her backside got stuck so she couldnt get out! :D

She got angry and then started laughing so i pulled her out, she still speaks when i see her!

Soldato
women and men are supposed to be equal. Alas this has never been true, people are so politically correct about race and sex these days that its now the majority that are getting a lesser deal. For things to be equal race / sex should not even come into the conversation

the issue here should be are u willing to hit someone physically weaker to u? Ok the majority of women are weaker than me, and if i could i would restrain them.. but if a bloke can also be restrained he should... he wont get hit just because hes male, and a women shouldn't not be hit just because she is female.

ps. as for bloking hurting a women i had a drunken play fight with a friend of mine.. she went to kick me in the groin (see what kind of play fight is that) i parried her leg ... she being quite quite drunk then lost her balance and fell to the floor... sadly there was a table inbetween her and the floor.. which she fell through !!

moral of the story is fighting while drunk is not a good idea, and a table made out of 2 computer cases and a plank of 2x4 is not a very good table :D

oh and equal rights should be equal from both sides

Soldato
Errol said:
Anyone else find this discussion vaguely arousing ?

shock.gif

:p

Back
Top Bottom