DELETED_3139

Associate
I would guess that the jb is just com and heat on only, no live or neutral, possibly extra low voltage or volt free contact - vokera manual will prob say - put just the brown and blue from the flex in 1 and 3 on receiver back plate

the red and black must go up to the old programmer and can be left in the jb incase its needed in future, this should make the cable up at the programmer dead and safe

You will need to take a live and neutral from the fuse spur to the receiver back plate to power it

Ps. obviously be careful and double check - my guess is based on your 1 post and is best guess only

Last edited:
Associate
Your pic will work, shouldn't matter which way the blue and brown from boiler go round on the single channel all the hive does is connect them together when told to, it keeps the 230v power from the first 2 terminals separate from the others and just uses whatever the boiler outputs for the other terminals so it will work with any boiler output 12v, 24v or 230v etc.

So blue or brown from boiler will send 12v,24v,230v down wire then hive just connects them together when turned on and sends the same 12v,24v,230v back down the blue or brown back to boiler as call for heat signal

The dual channel uses mains so boiler for the dual has to be able to accept 230v call for heat

Associate
probably best to keep the frost stat just incase, hive does have frost protection but if stat is in the house the garage could be much colder

I would remove the wire from the 2nd junction that goes upto the old stat upstairs and leave the 2 cables for frost stat and down to 1st junction

Then could either

1 - put both sets of wires from the first jb into the hive, both blue & black in 1, both & red and brown in 3, then the hive and frost stat will both be able to turn boiler on
2- if thats too much to fit into the hive (it should fit ok) you could take a bit of flex from the 1st jb to the hive to save getting an extra cable in there, just connect new flex brown to brown & red and blue to blue and black so you then have 3 cables going into that 1st jb

1st option will prob look neater and will fit in the hive ok, just need to break out abit more of the plastic bottom cable entry on the back plate

Associate
looks ok - basically as long as the cable is connected to 1 & 3 on the hive back plate, the connections on the frost stat (no change) and connections at the boiler (no change) then it will work, both hive and frost stat

How you choose to connect them either inside the hive with an extra cable at the hive making 3 total or with an extra cable at the 1st jb making 3 and then just 2 at the hive doesn't really matter

Soldato
Anyone got any hints on how to get the hub to connect to the internet?

The green light has been constantly flashing since I turned it on.

Its been trying to contact ipv4.connman.net every 3 minutes or so for the past hour.

Soldato
Anyone got any hints on how to get the hub to connect to the internet?

The green light has been constantly flashing since I turned it on.

Its been trying to contact ipv4.connman.net every 3 minutes or so for the past hour.
It took my hive hub nearly two hours to do a firmware update, so its probably just that.

Soldato
It took my hive hub nearly two hours to do a firmware update, so its probably just that.

Didn't have much time this morning but had a quick look at it. It had a flashing green light for a while, then a single flash of the orange light followed by a solid green light. Great I thought! But then it returned to flashing green.

The iron tripped the fuse this morning so it shut everything off. Effectively resetting everything, the hub, the router etc. It turns back on and still a flashing green light.

Soldato

Cheers for the reply. It was connected into my switch but I plugged it directly into the router this morning. It's been flashing green, I assume all day, since I left for work this morning.

It shows up when I log into my router as 'alertmehub'. It gets given an IP address. I can even see it making requests through my pihole.

I'll try turning the pihole off incase that's interfering. Even though the pihole says all requests are being allowed.

Soldato
So, pihole, disabled. Everything reset, no joy. Pihole physically unplugged. Everything reset, now I'm off to bed. We shall see in the morning... Not holding out much hope.

Soldato
Just as follow up and for future reference:

I contacted Hive support on Twitter, they were very prompt in replying.Apparently my hub had crashed during an update. They recommended the following steps:

1. Power down hub
2. Power down router
3. Change the ethernet port being used by the hub
4. Power on the router and wait for an internet connection
5. Power up the hub and allow it to flash green for 10 seconds and then unplug
6. Repeat the above step 6 times
7. The hub now enters recovery mode and will flash red and amber
8. Leave it alone until it reconnects

And now mine is finally connected!

Back
Top Bottom