HL2 & CS:S Steam offers available Thursday

Associate
Impressive stuff :)

Just one thing......... WHERE IS ASSAULT? :eek: :p

Anyone know if they plan on releasing any other maps? Train, Assault and maybe Nuke? I'd rather have those than Havana, Chateau.. nm....

Can''t stop gotta go back in and play some more :p

Soldato
Argh! Just bought silver and had already preloaded but im not hearing all the sounds and the ones i do are really ***** quality! Ive checked the sound options and they are on high! Is anyone else getting this? :confused:

Soldato
Originally posted by xtremepenguin
24.99 on the high street? i doubt it tbh
James

They are not pre-ordered from the high street to be exact, but instead pre-ordered from a competitor that also sells in the high street.

The online pre-order price is £29.99 which will probably = £34.99 in the shop.

Associate
i've just come back from playing source from my last post......

its awsome tbh :D

Italy and office have to be the best visualy impresive and little details in each map that make them so sweet.

Italy you get to make fruit **** tails from the fruit stall or play football with mellons LOL, This map looks a lot like screen shoot and video you have seen from HL2 very european looking

Office you get to dismantle PC's LOL the PC's in there has a ATI based card probs a 9800 LOL, also the pictures on walls can fall off when shoot and they have sum interested msg's. They also kinda look as if they was research photos to base HL2 buildings on, and the glass breakage is pretty sweet to :D

It may of not been wise for me to buy it tonite as im not going to get any sleep as im so excited :p

Soldato
Originally posted by nero120
Argh! Just bought silver and had already preloaded but im not hearing all the sounds and the ones i do are really ***** quality! Ive checked the sound options and they are on high! Is anyone else getting this? :confused:

Yea im finding the sound quality rather poor, but im not missing any sound.

Soldato
I quite like it, I love the water.

Some of the hitboxes (or whatever they are now) dont seem right, I've had 100hp and 100amour and been killed with one bullet that wasnt a headshot, Bringing down console confirms 1 bullet and like 110 damage.

Got the hang of it now though, Even got banned for cheating?? I would normally be quite annoyed but I found it pretty damn funny.

Associate
I gonna preload hl2 but buy it from 'elsewhere' and then enter my CD key into stream to activate it. That way I get the DVD and also have the option to play halflife 2 if I have to reinstall/stream is down etc.

Soldato
Got a message saying my Ti4200 drivers were out of date so I'm updating to latest Nvidia's before starting. Quite a good thing that Steam can check for that sort of problem, since most glitches are probably due to out-of-date drivers. :)

Soldato
Managed to buy it too last night.. allready had the preload so was up and running within a min or two :cool:

Twas late and the other half was asleep so i just spectated on a game in office... wow is all i can say, can't wait to get home and try it out properly

Associate
Bought and DL'd last night- ermm.. then sat up and pretty much ran round all the maps and stuff until I looked at the clock and decided I really should try and get some sleep. Doesn't play too badly on my pc which is good as well.

Still going to get myself a new gfx card though- it's a bit jerky in places with just me on the map- god knows what it would be like with ten or so other people

Back
Top Bottom