HL2 & CS:S Steam offers available Thursday

Soldato
What version is the retail game going to be from the shops??

Got 2 copies on Pre-order for £24.99 each (1 for me, other for younger brother).

Permabanned
It really ****** me off that they still charge $39.99 for the original Half-Life stuff on Steam when you can get it at any online shop for £4.99. :mad:

****ing money grabbers.

Soldato
Does anyone know if those packs are going to be available on the shelves in the USA? I am in the States when it comes out so cancelled off my pre-order. I am really like the sound of the Silver or Gold packs but prefer the idea of having in on disk rather than downloading.

Soldato
Good luck getting it when the rest of the world is trying to buy it on Steam. :eek:

I think I'll be going "Silver" but I won't be ordering when it's first released since everyone else + dog will try and get it first.

Soldato
Bronze package for me, thats if it comes out before the CD version :)

£28 aint bad :)

Dont see the point of HL1 on the source engine, already completed HL1 and i dont think half life would be half life on a modern graphics engine.

Associate
i started the preload yesterday and at 7% it was over 1gb :confused: but that was the first time i ever used steam ...does anyone know is this right??

am at another pc now so hopefully when i go home tomorrow will have cs.s ....gonna be a big change from a strict ut2k4 diet with some tribes vengeance on the side:D

Soldato
CSS killed my 6800GT :(

RMA'd today

double clicked CSS went in........screen corruption.......blue screen memory dump......jumbled bios screen, jumbled loading text.....windows corruption

im afraid to click it again.......:(

Soldato
Originally posted by $anch3z
i started the preload yesterday and at 7% it was over 1gb :confused: but that was the first time i ever used steam ...does anyone know is this right??

am at another pc now so hopefully when i go home tomorrow will have cs.s ....gonna be a big change from a strict ut2k4 diet with some tribes vengeance on the side:D

I'm at 10.4% so looks like everyone else is getting it as well now for CS:Source. http://www.gamesindustry.biz is reporting CS:S will be available at 6 PM (GMT). :)

I've been on the same diet lately. :o

Associate
I completely forgot about this. This morning i ordered a geforce 6800(nu) which pretty much emptied my bank account. I'm going to host a lan party with some friends over the weekend and they will have it already. Now i'll have to turn on the charm to get my bro to order a copy for me and then pay him back at the end of the month.

UFX

UFX

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Spikey
I take it for payment is UK'ers need a VISA or Mastercard?

I dont have a visa or master card but I was pleased when my replacement halifax switch debit card arrived a few weeks ago as its now a visa debit card , Just means I can use it like a visa but I can only spend whats in my account.

I'd check with your bank as the new cards they maybe issuing might include the visa aswell as switch meastro etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom