HL2 & CS:S Steam offers available Thursday

Associate
Originally posted by DaveyD
IF you read through the thread, you'lln know :)

Bronze is $49.95

Add 17.5% to that, it is $58.69

Converted in to GBP: £32.90 (At current exchange rate)

how do they know where we are?
what if we fill in the form sayin we are in the USA?? do we have to pay VAT then? :D

Permabanned
Just had half an hour on it, some thoughts about the engine.

Physics are more apparent now than Barrels and glass. Environments are more destructable, particularly cs_office where you can shoot the PC's, Monitors, Phone, Paintings, A working radio (with information on Terrorists taking 4 hostages in an office). The big glass windows also now shatter when you put a bullet through them and you can shoot little bits off.

The Chicken is no longer at the market on cs_italy! More physics fun means you can shoot Bunches of Bananas up into individual ones. The clothes on the line are rather stiff however, i.e when you shoot them they don't move.

Hostages look pretty good, but either they are all 8 foot tall or my man is very short...you go upto them and your eye level is on par with their chests.

de_aztec is all well and good, but you can't go up the steps of those huge temples that appeared in the E3 video (bah), other than that it's very much like the user created one that we played.

Some minor things which I thought weren't so great:

You don't leave footprints in the snow on office.

If you shoot the brown dirt floor on Aztec you get green debris flying up (eh?)

You can't shoot any lights out

Neither you, nor the hostages cast a shadow on the wall where the projector is in cs_office

You can't jump out of the dingy at the Terrorist spawn on de_paranesi, and though it looks nice that bit causes slowdown on my PC

Should be fun for a few weeks but basically not much different from CS, as shown from the Beta.

Gary A

Soldato
Oddly my client has now downloaded 46% of what it claims to be DoD:S, even though it's not meant to be near finnished yet?

Associate
Originally posted by DaveyD
Probably because they can trace the credit card back to your home address.

err, are u sure about this?

so the total amount of money u paid to steam is unknown? :confused:

how much did u guys pay? did it show up before u enter the payment details?

Associate
Product Cost
-----------------------------------------------
Half-Life 2 Gold $ 89.95
Tax (United Kingdom) $ 15.74
Shipping and Handling $ 29.95
-----------------------------------------------
Total $ 135.64

ohhh UK £76.10

Back
Top Bottom