HL2 & CS:S Steam offers available Thursday

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Originally posted by jackbresnahan
If you buy this over steam do you get a disk with it? and aslo what happens if your computer busts and you loose your game? will you have to buy it again?

no cd but u get an account and u log in and it download t all againg.

Associate
Originally posted by jackbresnahan
If you buy this over steam do you get a disk with it? and aslo what happens if your computer busts and you loose your game? will you have to buy it again?

You do not get any sort of CD or DVD with any steam packages.

Any issues you can download it again free by using your steam account logon.... you can back it up to DVD though if your reformating though to save on the download again.

Caporegime
Its amazing they can say this is a retail product when in reality its the beta with the rest of the maps included. Input the bot command and you get the "this is not available in beta version" error, same laggy hitboes and dodgy hit detection. 1 player model for each side still, think ill wait a while before getting this, had enough fun and games with cs source beta.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Exorcist
havent got a clue whats causing this problem.

the pre-load gets stuck all the time and it takes like 2 hours to go up by 0.1%:mad:

Well everybody is DLing the thing at the moment, so servers will all be rather busy.

Not got a helpful friend who can burn a dvd will all the cache on ? :)

Associate
Just bought Silver version.

I thought the price was abit high tbh :mad: but id rather give all the money to valve tbh and leave them do something with it :D.

**runs off to play CS:S** mwmahahahahahah

Associate
Originally posted by WHAT!!!
Just bought Silver version.

I thought the price was abit high tbh

highstreet stores will probably charge you £40 just for the equivilent of bronze. think about it your getting HL2, cs source, dod source, hl source, condition zero, cd deleted scene and every other game valve have made with steam. i think its a very good price personally.

James

Man of Honour
Originally posted by xtremepenguin
highstreet stores will probably charge you £40 just for the equivilent of bronze. think about it your getting HL2, cs source, dod source, hl source, condition zero, cd deleted scene and every other game valve have made with steam. i think its a very good price personally.

James

It's a good price for people that have never played a HL based game, or don't own one, as a lot of people here will already have CS:CZ / CS / HL1

Originally posted by Dean3d
anybody else getting slightly jerky gameplay when running around?

9800pro btw

Yes... because it needs some beefy graphics card + CPU to get it to run nicely in high detail :)

Soldato
Originally posted by xtremepenguin

James

Got 2 pre-orders for the DVD release at £24.99 each. I will wait and see if it's worth any extra to "upgrade" to the Silver edition or not later.

Back
Top Bottom