• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hmm 5870 and P5k Black Pearl...

Soldato
Just opened my case to check space allowance which seems fine for the card length.

I BIG problem i noticed is the SATA connector placement. Its right in line of the graphice PCIE socket.

There are 6 connectors with 5 populated. I have a nasty feeling that the 5870 wont sit happy in the PCIE because of the SATA cables that stick up out of the SATA connectors :(

Anyone got this SATA configuration with this card?

Thx.

Soldato
OP
Yeh, I was thinking about that. Dunno if the 90° cables will sit behind another. its in a 2x3 rectangle. I guess I can only try :p

Soldato
i had said board, in order to populate the top pci-e slot, and a big & wide gpu, is to aquire L shaped sata leads, i had some with left and right angle shaped heads, so i could use all ports whilst allowing a 260GTX to sit in nicely. I assume the 5870 will sit tight also like the GTX, but it`ll work.

Soldato
How bizarre! :eek: I've got the same problem as you so I've just this second ordered 2 left hand and 2 right hand from scumbay. OcUK don't really seem to stock enough variety of SATA cables really.

Back
Top Bottom