1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Hmm 5870 and P5k Black Pearl...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by djkav, 3 Oct 2009.

1. djkav

Mobster

Just opened my case to check space allowance which seems fine for the card length.

I BIG problem i noticed is the SATA connector placement. Its right in line of the graphice PCIE socket.

There are 6 connectors with 5 populated. I have a nasty feeling that the 5870 wont sit happy in the PCIE because of the SATA cables that stick up out of the SATA connectors :(

Anyone got this SATA configuration with this card?

Thx.

2. Andric

Gangster

you can get sata cables with right angled connectors maybe?

3. djkav

Mobster

Yeh, I was thinking about that. Dunno if the 90° cables will sit behind another. its in a 2x3 rectangle. I guess I can only try :p

4. wellibob

Mobster

i had said board, in order to populate the top pci-e slot, and a big & wide gpu, is to aquire L shaped sata leads, i had some with left and right angle shaped heads, so i could use all ports whilst allowing a 260GTX to sit in nicely. I assume the 5870 will sit tight also like the GTX, but it`ll work.

5. djkav

Mobster

Bother... I didn't realise there were Left and Right handed 90° connectors :(

6. wolvers

Soldato

How bizarre! :eek: I've got the same problem as you so I've just this second ordered 2 left hand and 2 right hand from scumbay. OcUK don't really seem to stock enough variety of SATA cables really.