Hmmm, DS or 360, you decide!

Permabanned
Hey guys,
I'm going to go to the USA in the summer, so am looking to get some cheap stuff :p but am in a dilemma. I've been thinking about getting an Xbox 360 or a Nintendo DS. I'm done with my PC gaming and want a console now. The xbox 360 tempts me for HD gaming, but the only decent prices are on the auction site, which is around 150-180 quid. The only problem is that they are used or refurbished and might fail on me when I bring it back to the UK.. :( I also would not play on LIVE! if I got a 360.

The DS would be around 60-70 quid brand new and what tempts me to get one is the R4DS, putting loads of movies and web browsers and homebrew software onto it. If I got a DS, it would be for pick up and play gaming, not for anything serious, but I'm kinda moving towards the DS, since I know there won't be any risks of it breaking and its quite cheap and easy to take around and pick up and play. Anyway, I really need OCUKs help to help me make a decision!
Thanks

Man of Honour
There are some cracking deals available in the UK on brand new premiums, after getting a possible spanking by customs it'll end up being quite pricey anyway.

Prem with Extra Controller, Live arcade stuff, PGR3, GoW and crackdown for only £289.

You can get a brand new core for £159.99 in *** UK aswell.

Soldato
I wouldn't import a 360 as not all games are region free, so will limit you to importing quite a lot of your games.

Just a thought. Out of the 2 i personally would choose the 360. There are a few pick up and play games on it tbh, but you will be tempted to buy an HDTV as soon as you buy it though lol

Permabanned
OP
Zefan said:
There are some cracking deals available in the UK on brand new premiums.

Prem with Extra Controller, Live arcade stuff, PGR3, GoW and crackdown for only £289

Yeh, but just think that I can get it for 100 quid cheaper...Also, premium cost 400$ retail in the US. But if I buy one, thats all my money gone :(

EDIT-JUMPURS, would be using the 37" HDTV downstairs...
Also, heard there is a hack to install your own 3rd party HDD, maybe I could get a 360 core and install a 3rd party HDD..

Man of Honour
dave2k2005 said:
EDIT-JUMPURS, would be using the 37" HDTV downstairs...
Also, heard there is a hack to install your own 3rd party HDD, maybe I could get a 360 core and install a 3rd party HDD..
Not without a legitimate key for the drive.

Importing a 360 isn't worth it, get a DS.

Permabanned
Yeah get a DS I've never heard of one breaking on the other hand 360s seem to break all the time, just look at this forum. Also, DSs are multiregion.

Back
Top Bottom