1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday Inn Sucks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackstar_solar, 12 Apr 2006.

1. Blackstar_solar

Hitman

I booked two nights over the phone at a Holiday Inn Express in London and was told the price included Full English Breakfast and a meal on the first night.

When I arrived at the hotel they didn't even have a kitchen or restaurant!!! So both things were out.

I feel I've been mislead...any advice?

2. Tesla

Capodecina

Best bet is to speak to your local trading standards people. They are often very helpful.

3. Belmit

Man of Honour

Sounds more like you've been flat out lied to!

4. Bes

Soldato

Agree.

I stayed at a holiday Inn Express in Belfast last week- all my colleagues got given the bloody Hilton! I must say it did suck but at least they had a restaurant.

5. Wossi

Mobster

From my experience the Holiday Inn Express do not have restaurants and breakfast is usually a continental style breakfast. If you want one with a restaurant it has to be a normal Holiday Inn.

6. Blackstar_solar

Hitman

Yeah that's what they told me at the hotel, but when I was sold the 2 nights I was told the above!

7. Oblivious

PermaBanned

The Hilton is very nice in Belfast, BUT there are far better hotels than the Hilton. Its totally over-rated.

8. jamoor

Sgarrista

try calling holiday inn head office, its most likely a franchise.

I havent had bad experiences with holiday inns, they are pretty reliable

9. MATTeL

Mobster

Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express usually have affiliated "pubs" next door to them that provide the catering.

May be instead of ranting on a forum you should speak nicely to the people at reception, they are in a much better position to help you than any of us.

10. DaveyD

Man of Honour

Yeah, if you didn't even speak to the receptionists about it, then that's rather silly in my opinion, but if you did, then you'll need to do some complaining.

11. Blackstar_solar

Hitman

Did mention it to the hotel themselves, i'm currently writing a letter to their head office

12. Wryel

Wise Guy

I've been to dozens and they're all like this, not sure what the staff were on about!

13. Jimmeh

Wise Guy

I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Glasgow a few months ago (stag do). Trust me, you do not want to eat their breakfasts.

14. TheMagicPirate

Wise Guy

I stayed at the holiday Inn in London just after Christmas and got a cracking deal! Online price for 2 nights was under the cost of just one night that was advertised on the board at reception.

Breakfast was £30 for two but boy was it a feast (Price wasn't too bad really)

EDIT: Never mind. Didn't read post properly. Express :rolleyes:

15. Kol

Capodecina

The one in Poole is alright. I stayed there for a week on business and it was ok. I did find myself only having two breakfasts though. They were fine, I was tired though. Bloody older colleagues leading me astray with their business expenses :D

16. DaveyD

Man of Honour

I stayed in one a few weeks ago in Southampton... though it was all paid for by the company I was having an interview with the following day, so I got £150 worth of stay in the hotel with free breakfast in the morning :D... pitty I had eaten far too much the night before and wasn't up for to much of a big breakfast :(

17. Bes

Soldato

I'm sure there are, but my point still stands I got the 2* joint whilst they got the Hilton :)

18. Oblivious

PermaBanned

Well, the Express by Holiday Inn near the Hilton isnt too bad. Ive been there too. :) Swings and roundabouts.

Just go and join your colleagues for dinner at the Hilton :) Or there is a lovely italian in town that Im trying to think the name of, but cant.

Edit* Sorry I just realised that your not the original poster :) Forgot who was who after reading it earlier.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2006
  19. starscream

PermaBanned

Yeah, I would complain in writing to the head office. Big hotel chains are normally very good with dealing with complaints. It wouldn't suprise me if you get a free night in any other Holiday Inn out of it.

20. jamoor

Sgarrista

You will find that in any hotel pretty much anywhere, the price displayed on the board is 2-4 times as much as they usually charge. Its called the rack rate.