Home brewing kits ....

Soldato
It's going through the aerobic stuff for the first 24 hours usually, when its eaten all the oxygen it'll start making the booze.

A bit like me and sandwiches before a brewday.

Associate
At the moment just pure apple juice (freshly pressed), wont have access over the weekend, but on monday going to add camden tablets to one, followed by champagne yeast the day after. Other tub will stay completely natural.

Untitled by PeteW1989, on Flickr

Associate
Finally got mine bottled today, bit of sugar in each bottle to help with carbonation but here is what it looks like after over 2 weeks. Looking good :)

ipa.jpg

Got about 40 odd 500ml bottles, tasted pretty good for having come straight out the fermontation bucket :D

Associate
Yeah Sy Peters IPA, first time ever brewing up my own so pretty pleased with the result. Got it all bottled now and sitting out in the shed, will try not touch it for a month :)

Caporegime

Mines about 15 weeks old and is fantastic. Once bottled I'd recommend leaving it until Christmas now :)

The Canadian blonde is ok, think of it as a carlsberg type replacement. Like most of the 'lagers' with ale yeast they are just about better than a carlsberg carling etc. now the weather is getting colder try the kits with a proper lager yeast and do them somewhere colder.

The pils knocks the others into oblivion for me. This winter I'm doing 200 bottles of pils and not a lot else :D

Caporegime
Nice setup garfo :)

About to order my winter brews comes in at about £65 including all my steraliser and ingredients. For just under 200 500ml bottles made that's a bargain :)

Going to try the premium lager kit again but this time try making it without the malt kit and make it the same way as the pils kit to see if I can improve it to my liking.

Back
Top Bottom