Homemade rocket man is about to prove the earth is flat...

Soldato
The money made from his YouTube channel will cushion the blow of finding out the earth is round....won't cushion the landing if it goes wrong though.

I think he may find out that velocity is terminal :D

Am not the only one who can't stop thinking about the Ming Dynasty Astronaut episode of Mythbusters, I wonder if like Buster he will also vanish in a puff of smoke

v0n

v0n

Soldato
There is this superb set of "proof" videos from flat earth society on YT, some of them are really nice conspiracy setups - you know - zoom in and out on a random ship traveling across the horizon, do some terrible maths, use additional telefoto ring, anounce "see, it's not disappearing beyond the horizon, it can be followed indefinitely using more and more powerful tele lendses", but others are just pure stoner gold, the ones that use globe and model aeroplane to explain to you that "if the earth was round, planes would have to constantly adjust direction of the flight downwards and at some point would end up upside down anyway", that kind of thing. I can spend all night watching those, them and crypto-historians ("THEY hid entire centuries of history from us", "Shroud of Turin is real, but it carbon dates wrong because there was never any medieval times, it's just made up by THEM" ). Best entertainment ever.

Associate
yeah, that's what i'm meaning in the last bit of my post- what are we spinning around and if gravity isn't real what's attaching us to it?
Flat earthers get round gravity by assuming that everything in the universe is accelerating upwards so having the effect of pushing us down onto the ground.

They imagine that the sun is like a pendant hanging from a ceiling that is being twirled around by the cord and that gives us a day and night cycle.

It's fascinating stuff how they've come up with an excuse for everything

Soldato
Flat earthers get round gravity by assuming that everything in the universe is accelerating upwards so having the effect of pushing us down onto the ground.

They imagine that the sun is like a pendant hanging from a ceiling that is being twirled around by the cord and that gives us a day and night cycle.

what if they are right, ever thought of that !?!?!

Soldato

thing is these excuses aren't even mildly convincing, maybe to a medieval serf who didnt even read but in this modern world it's pretty mind boggling.

at least something like the 9/11 conspiracy theories have beleivable (if extremely unlikely) underpinnings.

Associate
thing is these excuses aren't even mildly convincing, maybe to a medieval serf who didnt even read but in this modern world it's pretty mind boggling.

at least something like the 9/11 conspiracy theories have beleivable (if extremely unlikely) underpinnings.
It's the creativity I admire. That and the persistence to prove their own theories as facts.

I'm a big fan of conspiracy theories too

Soldato
It's the creativity I admire. That and the persistence to prove their own theories as facts

the only thing i find fascinating is why they think it's worth defending in the face of the obviously overwhelmingly conclusive evidence both theoretically and physically proving the earth is round.

unless ofc these people are simply trolls plying their trade outside of the internet.

Associate
the only thing i find fascinating is why they think it's worth defending in the face of the obviously overwhelmingly conclusive evidence both theoretically and physically proving the earth is round.

unless ofc these people are simply trolls plying their trade outside of the internet.

The boom in Flat Earthers started in 2009. I think it is related to the economic collapse. Most Westerners were comfortable living their lives until then and then, out of nowhere and with all the experts in the dark, we have a global recession. I think this skepticism on what the authorities had been telling them and what they were experiencing for themselves has just manifested itself in this way.

Soldato
The boom in Flat Earthers started in 2009. I think it is related to the economic collapse. Most Westerners were comfortable living their lives until then and then, out of nowhere and with all the experts in the dark, we have a global recession. I think this skepticism on what the authorities had been telling them and what they were experiencing for themselves has just manifested itself in this way.

still better options than flat earth

Man of Honour
Surely the most obvious and compelling reason for the earth not being flat is that if it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now?

Soldato
Surely the most obvious and compelling reason for the earth not being flat is that if it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now?

:D :D :D quote of the thread that

Wonder why none of them have tried finding the edge of the earth to prove their theory :confused:

I know one of these people on another forum, i kept asking him why are there no photos of such walls. Apparently the answer is that there is some military guarding it and shoots anyone that gets near.

Weird, if the earth is flat, you don't need to get near to see it.

Bunch of crazies.

Ahhh, another thread pulled from Mumsnet AIBU :D

Just search for DIY / homemade rocket pov on Youtube and you'll see recordings from GoPros and phones that have been launched using makeshift equipment.

Hell, even if you're on a plane, you'll see the Earth's curvature.

How can people / sheeple be so stupid? :p

Back
Top Bottom