Honda S2000

Soldato
Really trying to convince brother in law to spend his cash on what looks like a late production S2000 down here, not too clued up on em, but when did they gain bigger std. alloys and what looks like slightly more "oval" exhausts?

Regardless, always loved the look of these, front bodywork looked as if it had been tightly moudled the chassis.

Soldato
The performance figures for the supercharged one were actually done and video'd for a magazine rather than theoretical ones, or those done by a pro driver. If you look at the video, he doesn't do the most aggressive launch in the world. I'd imagine those figures could be improved upon with practice / time.

Caporegime
I haven't looked into s2k's for a while, can anyone say when VSA started being implimented as standard and the handling was "sorted out" in the UK model?

2006 was the introduction of VSA.

Handling was sorted on release, then they dumbed it down.

All UK cars are AP1. 2004 brought the most significant changes though, new bumpers, lights, wheels and gearbox. Oil consumption improved too. Check the UK FAQ on www.s2ki.com - everything you could ask is answered here: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=301506

HTH
Simon - owner for 4years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
This, the handling was always very good, it needed to be softened up for people over the years.

Lifting off mid corner results in lots of crashes due to the funky rear steering effect - Honda changed the suspension to make it gayer - sorry safer :p

Associate
Lifting off mid corner results in lots of crashes due to the funky rear steering effect - Honda changed the suspension to make it gayer - sorry safer :p

Yeah from what I heard it was twitchy before it was softened, having no real driving talent would probably make me end up crashing :( (hence why I fancy one with VSA

I have heard very little about a "racelogic" is it? system that emulates VSA on older cars?

Associate
sell me yours. now.

or at least post some more pics of it :D

I should have over the weekend, I spent two days detailing it but now it's dirty again.:(

For the OP the only thing the GT adds is a hardtop. It's worth having for the winter. In terms of colour with white they only brought that in last year I think (GT100 Special Edition) these are way out of your price range. You could get an older white but it will be an import. Reds are quite rare. Black should be fairly easy to get. If I was buying another it would be Orange or Lime Green. :)

Orange

664513.jpg

My next upgrade will be black wheels

ahhh392.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah from what I heard it was twitchy before it was softened, having no real driving talent would probably make me end up crashing :( (hence why I fancy one with VSA

I have heard very little about a "racelogic" is it? system that emulates VSA on older cars?
Its a RWD car with not huge amounts of power. It's not difficult to drive unless you have no idea about vehicle dynamics and weight transfer. Having VSA to stop you crashing is only a band-aid to poor driving style.

Soldato
Its a RWD car with not huge amounts of power. It's not difficult to drive unless you have no idea about vehicle dynamics and weight transfer. Having VSA to stop you crashing is only a band-aid to poor driving style.

Indeed, unless you are fully ragging it like you would do on a circuit you are unlikely to come unstuck on a public road, even if having a good blast over the limit

Soldato
quite an epic package, looks, power, noise, feel, gearbox, drive, meh, its got it all.

AP1s are very nicely priced these days, i'd still opt for an AP2 though. Your budget should pick a nice GT yes.

All Euro S2000's are AP1.

Look for the usual stuff, service history, make sure its had its geometry done within the last year or two at most (for any seized bolts), Notchy second gear when the box is cold (seems to be very common), clicking rear hubnuts, wear on softtop above driver/passenger shoulder areas.

Few other things but those are just off the top of my head! Personally id buy a 2004 onwards, since cosmetically they are a lot nicer imo (LED rear lights, new rear styling, new interiour etc).

Caporegime
Indeed, unless you are fully ragging it like you would do on a circuit you are unlikely to come unstuck on a public road, even if having a good blast over the limit

True to a point, but they certainly don't mask driver error either.

Back
Top Bottom