Honda S2000

Permabanned
Bin the S2K idea and buy this!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1641382.htm

I know i would if i had the £££

Some people actually like to drive...

:p

plus... that seems like a complete and utter ripoff for a '97 civic... who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for one?

Looks like the guy's wasted loads of money on various silly mods & is trying to claim as much back as possible :S

You could get a beast of an evo/scoob for that money & either of them would be significantly better to drive

Soldato
An EPIC gearbox!!! - I love the box, as Sin says I just want to change gears for fun, it makes the other cars i've driven feel like i'm stirring feel like porridge!

How do you compare it to an MX5's?

I have noticed the doors are a lot taller so the roof down effect is some what lessened. When I have the top down I like for people to see how pretty I am, this is an important factor.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I've got my heart set on an S2000. Being single and living back at home with parents could accelerate this dream. Could be good!

Soldato
:cool:
DSC_4206.jpg

Associate
Mike your S2K looks awesome, can you elaborate on your opinion of VSA not being necessary?

The last thing I would want to do is write one off like many others so Im thinking VSA would be neccesity for inexperienced RWD drivers?

Soldato
In my year and a bit of ownership I have only had one poo in pants moment which I corrected epicly into a massive drift. :cool:

Best form traction control/VSA is your brain and right foot.

Don
In my year and a bit of ownership I have only had one poo in pants moment which I corrected epicly into a massive drift. :cool:

Best form traction control/VSA is your brain and right foot.

Quite right. You and I both have driven some relatively powerful RWD cars (namely MR2 turbos) and they didn't have traction / stability control and we managed to keep them out of the hedges :D

If you can't keep your right foot under control, don't buy a lary RWD car.

Permabanned
Never driven an MX5 so I don't know i'm afraid.

haha LordMike looks like a tool :p:cool:

MX5 is the second best H gearbox I've used... S2000 is the best... the difference is very small though.

And I put a shortshifter on my '5 box... lol... gearstick tip movement is about 2 inches from 1st to second... haha!

Was very tempted to get a straight cut sequential box for my car... yeah, it's noisy... but i love the feel... just not worth 3 grand for one... that's more than the car & mods cost :S

For flinging around a track though... the mx5 crushes the s2000... mainly due to the weight I expect... you have to put on some good suspension & FI mods to get it to that stage though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom