1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoon locations...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toosepin, 30 Jan 2012.

1. toosepin

Hitman

Hi chaps,

I'm looking to sort out a honeymoon mid-June and I have no idea where to go. We've both been working hard for the past few years and not had a holiday abroad - so anywhere is on the table really.

Budget isn't massive - around 4K for about 10 nights, maybe a little bit more if it's worth it.

The soon-to-be wife is attracted to shiny things so somewhere quite classy (not over the top, definitely not tacky) would be quite good. We're not too much into the too fancy stuff, somewhere with nice beaches, hot weather and a quiet, relaxed cosy feel to it. Private beach / pool would be a plus, but not a requirement.

Trying not to make it sound to search-enginey, but I would really appreciate any recommendations or advice.

2. Brookert

Mobster

how about something in the carribean? Bahamas?

3. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

Dubai.

4. toosepin

Hitman

Definitely on the cards, although somewhere closer would be preferable.

Possibly heading that way with work at some point in the near future so going to save that one. Nice suggestion though, it seems to be highly rated for honeymoons.

5. Danthus

Capodecina

Put the money to better use I say. :D

6. toosepin

Hitman

No holiday for me in 4 years, I think it's going to be worth it!

7. Sgt Tackleberry

Wise Guy

southend on sea, i here its really good ;)

8. Brookert

Mobster

yes, a weekend car!! :)

Carribean is a 9 hour flight, is that too long? Prices are great at the mo, Europe is far too expensive. I was looking at holidays for 2 weeks in greece, but for £200 more each, we're off to cuba!

Egypt? i'm not sure theres many hotels in sharm that would be a proper luxury honeymoon experience

9. Django x2

Capodecina

We're going to Lake Garda and the Lefay Hotel Spa Resort. It's pretty much the most epic spa in the whole of Europe. New too.

It's about £4k for 7 nights in July. Will probably be slightly cheaper in June.

I costed everything seperately but it was cheaper with Kuoni. They came out the best travelagent and offered far more for the money than the individual booking of everything.

That includes:
    Private luxury car transfer from the airport
    Choice of outgoing and return flight
    Complimentary upgrade to the Exclusive sweet (£8k a week)
    Half Board (with daily choice of lunch or dinner)
    One free treatment per person
    One romantic dinner in the room
    and some other stuff

Nice short 2.5 hour flight and a 90min transfer

http://www.lefayresorts.com/eng/resort-spa-garda-lake/

10. hawker1986

Wise Guy

Bora Bora islands in French Polynesia, likes like paradise to me, thats what im pushing for on my honeymoon. Admittedly not sure of the price, i imagine its a lot.

hawker