1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by neil3k, 20 Sep 2009.

1. neil3k

Soldato

Where did you go for your Honeymoon and how much did you spend?

After some ideas :D

2. RDM

Capodecina

We spent about £1,400 on a week long break in Norway. Kviknes Hotel, Belastrand, absolutely wonderful time.

3. Bear

Capodecina

Just got back last Wednesday from mine. We spent 4 nights in Las Vegas, then 8 nights in Kaua'i (Hawaii) and then 2 nights in LA. Vegas was great but our time in Kaua'i was incredible, its such a beautiful place and the people are fantastic.

The whole trip cost £4400 but then we stayed in really nice hotels (Bellagio, Grand Hyatt Regency and The Beverly Hilton).

4. danza

Capodecina

Spent ~£1400 all-in on 7 days in the most idillically located 5* cottage in Cornwall.

5. goldilocks

Wise Guy

Spent our wedding night in a 5* hotel - but back to work the day after!
    We didn't have a honeymoon - our first holiday as a married couple (which will be almost 16months after the big day!!) will be going to SXSW in Texas, hopefully followed by a few days in LA, with a road trip in between!

6. Datamonkey

Soldato

Just gotten back from mine, 5k Mini Suite on Oceana P&0 around the Western Med, was excellent!! :D

Had an amazing time. Food on board was super and was really cool going to bed one night and waking up in another port the next day :D

7. jp_bl_68

Sgarrista

Here's a great site for getting cheap hotel rooms - www.priceline.co.uk. This summer I spent a week in Barcelona, stayed in a centrally located 4* hotel with a swimming pool on the roof for about 1/3 of what it should've cost me. Just remember to use their Name Your Own Price option.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2009
  8. danny_mac

Gangster

My mate took his missus to the Maldives for their honeymoon and he reckons it was superb. It wasnt cheap though.

9. zetec452

Sgarrista

10. neodude

Mobster

7 days in Vegas followed by 5 in Hawaii. Twas good. Can't remember how much.

11. neil3k

Soldato

would 3 grand get me 2 weeks in the maldives?

12. [DOD]Asprilla

Capodecina

Two days in Sicily, four days on the Aolean Islands, a week in Tuscany and Umbria followed by a couple of days in Rome. Think it was about £1500.

13. Housey

Man of Honour

We spent over £10K on a trip to Mauritius, some 14 years ago.

14. neil3k

Soldato

:eek:

15. HangTime

Man of Honour

2 nights in Hong Kong
    5 nights in Sydney (5.5 days due to flight times)
    4 nights in Adelaide
    4 nights in Melbourne
    1 night in Singapore

Cost us just over £3k for flights and hotels, then about £1.5k spending money.
    Obviously not 'worth the money' but I've always wanted to go to Australia and it was a great holiday.

16. Majago

Mobster

We spent a week in the south of France.

A friend of mine let us use his holiday home as a wedding present so we only paid for flights, car hire and expenses out there.

Had a great time :)

17. xxalxx

Wise Guy

Me and the missus went for a holiday in the Maldives in April, wa £3200 all in for allinclusive for a fortnight :).

Superb place to go, costs a fair bit, but worth every penny, long flight tho :(

Al

18. Andybtsn

Don

In this order:

New York (4 days) > Miami (2 days) > Caribean Cruise (1 week) > Philadelphia (4 days)

Price: 5k+ but staying in top hotels and the Cruise was top notch with balcony etc.

19. rotters

Soldato

2 weeks in egypt split between cairo, luxor and sharm al sheik.

20. Hilly

Don

Take Gill to the zoo Neil.

If you're lucky you might be able to leave her there with the other animals.

If I were getting married (which lets face it isn't going to happen any time soon, you know me!), I'd think carefully about going from one side of America to the other, or Japan / Aus way.

Remember it's a once in a lifetime trip, it's a celebration and a rest period away from the stresses of your marriage. So make sure it's something the pair of you want to do :)