Honeymoons

Don
[DOD]Asprilla;14929848 said:
Not if you don't want it to be.

We went to Italy because it was rainy season in central and northern south america when we got married. At the end of the day it's a holiday and if I only get to tour Italy once in my life I'll be very disappointed.

I'm not talking about location. You can travel to where ever you want and pretty much any time (finances and 'leave' aside). However the circumstances behind such a trip is once in a life time (or should be). That's what I was trying to get at.

Soldato
6 nights in Vegas (Venetian Hotel), 7 nights in Hawaii (Kahala Hotel) & 4 nights in San Francisco (Fairmont Hotel)

Total cost was around £4,000 I think but we flew with Virgin too! :D

StevieP

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

We went to the Maldives. Stayed on a "Jaquzzi Water villa"

n5205256006512813728420.jpg

n5205256006512843797925.jpg

n5205256006512818390731.jpg

n5205256006512805798702.jpg

Once in a lifetime and that came across in the price (£4500)

Wouldn't change it for the world :)

Soldato
We spent a week Africa: Victoria Falls, safari in Botswana, and a night in Johannesburg, and then a week in luxury in Mauritius. Was £10k and worth every penny.

Associate
We just booked our wedding on Saturday in St Lucia in the Coconut Resort and Spa, 10 days all in was 3k. Flying out 13th May..... can't wait :D

Soldato
We're off to Canada for two weeks, driving tour from Vancouver to Calgary, then Mexico Puerto Vallarta Dreams all inclusive resort for 1 week and stopping off in Toronto for 1 day on the way back. Think it's costing about £6k, mostly on the flights though

Caporegime
Due to my dad's terminal ill health, we got married twice in 18 months although one of those was without signing a register. Bigamy - just say no.

Our honeymoon was really UK > NZ > UK > NZ. Which, when I think about it, would and did please all concerned :)

Associate
would 3 grand get me 2 weeks in the maldives?
We've been three times and never paid more than £2k all-in. The thing about the Maldives is - it's a beautiful place wherever you are. The cost comes from the extras. We used to stay on a simple island with a bar, restaurant, and water sports facilty - that's it. Bloody fabulous, simple, Robinson Crusoe relaxation. The island was converted to a 7-star super-rich resort, and IMHO ruined it. The last place we went was Bandos - very nice and we got it half price!

[Edit] - to keep this post relevant - we went to Kenya for our honeymoon in 1994 - superb. Kenyan airways upgraded us to club for free too as we were 'mooners...

Last edited:
Associate
Indeed.

We got upgraded to the "honeymoon water villa" for no extra charge, which was a nice suprise when we arrived :cool:

Thought I recognised that infinity pool! We stopped there earlier this year and also got the free upgrade but weren't on honeymoon :p

Also been to Meerufenfushi which is equally as stunning. Currently trying to decide on next years island.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Elenite, Bulgari - two weeks all inclusive, 4star hotel - was 6 years agon minds.

Excellent holiday - I'll go back at some point. Didn't go straight from the wedding though - we stayed at a local hotel for the night (who wants to be in an airport/plane when you could be, er, confirming your marriage vows?). We went a week later when the kids were back at school so it was cheaper.

Had one month off work in total and it was bliss :)

Back
Top Bottom