Hong Kong through a 50mm

Caporegime
OP
These HK threads.. need to save up £££ NOW :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondlin/4523881267/in/set-72157623738640615/ - They look like schoolgirls and they're dressed like that in April? WTF :eek:

#4 - Hairstyles n stuff haven't really changed in the past few years, the curly hair is still in?

#9 + Flickr MTR shots - do people hide their faces when do take those shots?

It is April but it was really warm !

The hair I didn't notice, there's a few curly but i most are still straight. What really struck me was everyone under the age of 30 are wearing Avatar style glasses. They are REALLY in, so in I have noticed a few kids in their 20's wearing the frames without the lens itself as fashion accessory. I have never seen people wear glasses without the lens before !

As for the photographs in the MTR, some people do turn away when i put my camera up, it's about 50/50. I do it really quick though, sometimes they don't notice.

Associate
It is April but it was really warm !

The hair I didn't notice, there's a few curly but i most are still straight. What really struck me was everyone under the age of 30 are wearing Avatar style glasses. They are REALLY in, so in I have noticed a few kids in their 20's wearing the frames without the lens itself as fashion accessory. I have never seen people wear glasses without the lens before !

As for the photographs in the MTR, some people do turn away when i put my camera up, it's about 50/50. I do it really quick though, sometimes they don't notice.

I know its warmish in Apr, but thats the sort of clothing you'd expect to see in the summer!

The Avatar style glasses I understand, but glasses without lens..? Did you get any shots of people wearing them? Must be a fashion fad as I remember when I first went HK in summer 2004, the colour green was in fashion then but not a year later.

After seeing you lot take photos of people on the MTR, I'll prob have a go when I go HK next..

Associate
I quite like the latest 3 photos that you've posted. It's probably just personal preference but I much prefer them to the original set posted.

Hope you enjoyed the holiday. ;) I'm tempted to do something similar and head back to Beijing. Unfortunately the first time I was there I was working and it was just before I bought a DSLR so would love to go back, almost solely to take pictures.

Back
Top Bottom