Hopefully Easy Sound Dampening

Associate
Hi all, apologies for the potential repost but there is so many out there that isn't relevant !

My bedroom is next to my parents. There is a solid wall ( thank god it's an old building and not plaster) and they have a massive wardrobe on their side. They sleep with their bedroom door open.

My door is always closed. I would thing there is about, 3/4 to a metre of space between our rooms because of the wardrobe, AND a hot water tank closet that is outside both of ours on the landing. Hopefully that paints a picture. My rooms door is further out than my parents, meaning I have the boiler next to me before I can exit my bedroom, my parents door is shorter. Their door starts at the beginning of the hot water tank, so mine extends beyond theirs.

I can hear my parents coughing etc, which I think is sound bleedthrough (mostly) from the doorways. But I know there will be the walls which will still contribute. I can easily hear sound through the floor visa versa which cannot be helped so will be ignored for this post (mostly also because I rarely put laundry out to clean [side not dont hate pls] I know it's a bad habit) so most of the floor sound proofing is done LOL.

What I am curious about is what options I have to potentially help sound proof the room more so I can be loud at night. Hopefully also to carry this over to my own place once I can afford it. Most of what I find online is actually mislabeled as echo reduction.

Naturally one does not want to spend a fortune, if that is the case then it needs to be easily justifiable from a cost perspective, not just the best around etc.

I won't be playing loud music, it just needs to cover the odd shout of excitement over discord etc. Or scream from playing Alien Isolation which I have yet to play still...

Appreciate any first hand experiences etc as well as recommendations. My room is quite large also for an average bedroom for one person !

Many thanks,
FlarmBlarg

Back
Top Bottom