HOPEFULLY LESS THAN A YEAR WAIT: New 2018 (MY18) S550.2 Mustang V8 10-speed ordered

OcUK Staff
Making a dedicated thread out of the show us your car thread so any questions anyone has or comments can be here. :)
Once it arrives I shall update this original post with some delivery pictures, then some modded pictures etc.

Well I've being planning a new car purchase for an MY18 Mustang for a while, but unfortunately Ford would not officially accept my order until they had updated their internal order taking software and were officially accepting builds.

That happened this morning and so I placed a new order with a Nottingham dealership. Gave up on Ford Stoke (Bristol Street) due to lack of response, plus the sales guy at Nottingham dealership is a friend and also ordered a car for himself as well ensuring our cars are first orders and first UK deliveries.

In short I went for what Ford UK has nicknamed hero specification:

Options selected

• V8 Fastback coupe
  • Orange Fury triple coat paint
  • 10-speed automatic
  • Custom Pack 4 (SYNC 3, Nav, Shaker 12 speaker hifi, Polished forged 19" wheels with PS4s tyres, black trim surround, extra leather on interior covering fisher price plastics)
  • Recaro ebony leather seats
  • Rear spoiler/wing delete if possible
  • Adaptive dampers (GT 350 magneride suspension / ARBs etc)
  • Black painted roof
  • No stripes
  • Climate controlled seats (We believe this is not available on Recaro, TBC)

Standard Features

• Active tri-bar DRL's as per USA cars now on all exports
  • LED exterior lighting throughout, Pony puddle lamps
  • Active quad exhaust system
  • Heated steering wheel
  • 12" digital LED dash
  • Performance Package (Brembo's, braces etc.)
  • New gen3 Coyote with 444HP @ 7600RPM & 420lb/ft
  • 0-60 in sub 4s (10-speed only)
  • All the other regular stuff you'd expect

As much as I love my MY15 Mustang I am simply wanting an automatic in what is my daily driver, but saying that I even prefer driving with paddles when on a weekend blast / road trip / track day etc.

I love the MY18 for its massive leap on in technology improvements, the fact you can option pretty much the same under pinnings as the GT 350 is impressive removing the need to overly mess with suspension too much (you watch me still mess with it though) and Ford have addressed many of the issues and complaints of the MY15 like floaty rear-end, cheaper interior plastics (some still exist) etc.

Unfortunately it won't be the 35k bargain I got my last one for, though Ford have offered 31-32k as a trade in for it (returned to stock or as close to stock) which at 18 months old is fantastic, the car has lost around £150 per month ownership in depreciation which is fantastic on a brand new mass produced car. I am not trading however, I am keeping my MY15 as I cannot part with it so early, so I shall continue enjoying the car for next few months.

My only major gripe with MY18 is the droopy EU looking front-end, I like the front bumper looks really and mean and aggressive compared to MY15. But the hood (bonnet) just looks weak, but by the time I have the car if I still dislike this there will be several solutions available from companies like Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shelby etc.

Now the waiting begins, at least this time I am in exceptional hands as I've placed the order with Aaron Borg at Nottingham dealership who has also ordered one himself. Our two orders are the first in his dealer network along with a handful of cars from other dealers which are for themselves as showroom cars. Expected delivery is March/April so just in time for an 18 plate too, though I am not fussed about that as WTF shall be firmly put in place. Aaron has promised to keep any sheets, build sheets and the stuff new cars typically get saved, laminated for me to put in an ownership folder. He is also going to try and get photos of both our cars being built in Flat Rock and emailed over as a nice extra touch, in fact I think he might even be keener and more excited than myself, so I know I am in good hands.

As I've gone pretty much with Ford's Hero specification the car will essentially look identical to this:

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-01.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-0d.jpg

2018-ford-mustang-euro-spec-live-in-frankfurt%201.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-09.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-15.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-11.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-16.jpg

21458172_1457560344358237_451723940761386642_o.jpg

21731678_1313252005468503_4010719845480276476_o.jpg

So it all starts again haha, not as bad this time as I've still got the current one and of course it probably won't remain looking like the above for long at all with mine having black roof. Plus I will probably move my current wheels onto the car, fit the same wing as on my current car and add some discreet black stripes down the side again. Not doing much power wise though this time round, shall just fit a set of full length headers and a tune, should be good for 550HP NA then. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Also I want to give a shout out and thanks to a couple of dealerships who have vastly helped with keeping me informed on MY18 and eventually winning my business. :)

Richard who is a member here kept me informed and he would have got my order, but of course Glasgow is a bit far to go, his information is below.

As such I ordered my car from Aaron Borg from Nottingham, only an hour drive for me and the A50 will be a good place to run the car in. Want to personally thank him for his great attention to detail and the fact he is just as keen as myself, because he has also ordered himself one personally to replace his current Oxford White Mustang, I believe he has also gone orange fury but complete base specification with manual, keeping it a very focused drivers car. He is going that little bit further by making sure any build stickers, window stickers will all be kept and laminated for me upon collection. He is also going to try and get some photos of mine and his cars in production at Flat Rock as he knows one of the guys there.

Also a shout out to Kent Mustang and Trust Ford Epsom who details are below as being good dealerships.

Richard @ Evans Halshaw Ford Glasgow, 0141 770 1100
Aaron Borg @ Sandicliffe Ford Nottingham, 07894 570960
Kentmustang.com Marcus Nye, somewhere down South 01622 616297
James Rowe Trust Ford Epsom 01372852715

For servicing and warranty work, my car now ONLY goes to Burns Ford Garages in Congleton (Midlands) which is a smaller family run Ford business because they make you feel like a human, not a number and every bit of warranty work and servicing has being carried out same day and quickly with consistent updates. They are also happy to fit modification and have an alignment rack, they know there stuff and can do any job on a Ford, even engine rebuilds so your in very capable hands.

Wanted to post this here for current owners and new, so people know as good service/support should always be promoted, which rarely happens, people generally just post online to complain. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Ridiculous car for the money. :D

You do realise I have no idea on what its gonna cost as pricing is not announced, could be 45k for which lot of performance for the money but it could be 55k where its not the best value but still the only V8 power motored around 50k. Though performance wise at around 50k you are at crap sounding Cayman S levels or the lovely bulldog that is the BMW M2.

daz

daz

Soldato
Maybe with brexit you could get stung on the final pricing but can't see it being more than £50k.

Other factor with a car like this is just that it's a bit different/unusual on the roads, even now they are RHD. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Maybe with brexit you could get stung on the final pricing but can't see it being more than £50k.

Other factor with a car like this is just that it's a bit different/unusual on the roads, even now they are RHD. :)

Well MY15 launched at £32,950, with options mine cost me £35,385, the same car today (MY17) with same options would cost me £40,485, so a £4000 price increase on my car since launch, which I helps the trade-in resale values much, hence 31-32k trade in.

My guess is MY18 V8 base shall be 39k, plus 2k for auto, 2k for custom pack, 2k for magneride and recaros so my bet is around 45-47k area because I've pretty much ticked all the options. Not the bargain it once was but show me another GT V8 Coupe (new) for less than 50k and I'd consider it, for me the closest new rival seems the BMW M2, not quite got the engine or equipment but is a bit more fun and better in handling due to less weight and smaller size.

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks awesome in that colour, look forward to seeing it at the next meet :)

Only question, is Nav not standard on these??

Not really sure, I think Nav is standard to be frank, I've never seen a UK Mustang that did not have NAV or the shaker audio system.

OcUK Staff
OP
Looking at the pics above you would fondle your passengers leg everytime you want to put the handbrake on :eek:

You do, its OK when its a hot girl next to you mind, perfect excuse. :D

Ford saving pennies, hardly bothers me even with a manual, with the auto won't even notice. At least they still give you a wand to pull and not one of those stupid buttons most cars have. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Yes @Gibbo Orange & Black!! :D

The only thing that bugs me about the interior is that they don't swap the cup holders and handbrake round for RHD.

Thats the plan. Black roof, black mirrors, dark wheels (not black), black rear spoiler, I might also do black door handles too, that should do the trick.

Anyone good at photoshop? Fancy photoshopping the attached image for me? Add a black roof, black mirrors, black door handles and darken up the wheels a bit please?

Attachments

• 21731678_1313252005468503_4010719845480276476_o.jpg
    21731678_1313252005468503_4010719845480276476_o.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom