Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
The last patch killed performance and sound stopped working, game was fine before?
edit:
It was Asus Sonic Suite 3 sound software that stopped the game from finding a sound device? I disabled it in the windows startup list and now sound works again.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm at 64 hours and doing all the side quests, collectables etc. I think I've had my money's worth!

I'm playing through the Frozen Wilds expansion before I head off to the final main story mission. Frozen Wilds is a significantly harder challenge than the main game though, which makes it both fun and challenging, but also a little frustrating in places. I'm glad I took the time to search out more powerful weapons and armour in the main game and get most of the skills before attempting it.

Soldato
I think I spent about 80 hours on this to get Platinum on the PS4, plus just general hunting/exploring for fun. It really is a beautiful game world. I never finished Frozen Wilds though.

Wish I could forget it so I could play again - the first time you set foot inside a Cauldron truly is special. :)

V F

V F

Soldato
over 60hrs still not yet finish the main quest+sides, guessed I spent too much time running instead of fast traveling lol

There was a time I spent 6 hours each night sneaking about all over the map undetected to explore the world. No missions or battles. I was trying to explore every possible place from the very heights of the mountains to places I shouldn't have been. It was fun seeing how big the world was.

I remember one point doing it I nearly got my death.

Associate
There was a time I spent 6 hours each night sneaking about all over the map undetected to explore the world. No missions or battles. I was trying to explore every possible place from the very heights of the mountains to places I shouldn't have been. It was fun seeing how big the world was.

I remember one point doing it I nearly got my death.

Indeed, I must say I am very surprised exploring from one place to another, the scenery is beautifully, uniquely and detailly crafted in different region of the game
Though this game felt very much a-like the Tomb Raider series, but HDZ is a much better game in every way

Soldato
Amazing game this, been playing a fair few hours a day for the past week and so far really enjoying the story line. Performance wise, not too shabby either getting a nice 130fps+ in big open areas and 80-90 fps in the more crowded areas like Meridian. Do still get the odd stutter and crash but it rarely happens. This is at 1920 x 1080p on a 144hz monitor on max settings. Can't wait to keep playing on a larger ultrawide when it arrives, holding out playing more till i get it especially with the adjustment of the FOV available.

V F

V F

Soldato
Amazing game this, been playing a fair few hours a day for the past week and so far really enjoying the story line. Performance wise, not too shabby either getting a nice 130fps+ in big open areas and 80-90 fps in the more crowded areas like Meridian. Do still get the odd stutter and crash but it rarely happens. This is at 1920 x 1080p on a 144hz monitor on max settings. Can't wait to keep playing on a larger ultrawide when it arrives, holding out playing more till i get it especially with the adjustment of the FOV available.

I'd imagine this would be one of those games that 21:9 would benefit.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'd love to get one but I don't have the desk space. I'd have to be lifting monitors off and on for different games all the time. It sure would be awesome for those mega wide displays for story games.

Soldato
Since the latest patch and the new Nvidia drivers I've not had this crash once, and peformance seems much more consistent, with virtually no stuttering.

Caporegime
Completed it with all the achievements (other than New Game +/ New Game+ on Ultra Hard / Get all achievements) - Around 60 hours in total.

This is my second time playing the game, as I originally completed it on PS4 back in 2018. Again, I found the FARO Plague stuff and the apocalypse/zero dawn stuff more interesting than the various tribes.

With the knowledge that the next game is 'Forbidden West' it was interesting to see all the mentions of the forbidden west during dialogue or archived stuff. Like the Shaman who drinks fluid from the robots.

Speculation about the sequel: There's a few mentions about The Odyssey which was provided with an "unshackled" alpha version of 'Apollo' . I think the ship actually survived, despite what 'Far Zenith' told Elisabeth Sobek. The fact that 'the signal' that activates all of GAIA's sub-routines like Hades and Hephaestus (Frozen Wilds) was of "Unknown origin", That the 'Metal flowers' you collect are clearly satellites and they contain poetry, which is what one of the Alpha's was in to:

https://horizon.fandom.com/wiki/Sobeck_Journal,_7-16-65_R
Woke to a message from Osvald. The Odyssey launched yesterday. So terrestrial's life chance of survival has doubled. Why, then, do I feel so uneasy? I just keep wondering what kind of world Far Zenith will create if the ship reaches its destination so many decades from now. And I worry about that alpha-build of APOLLO. So much knowledge, so few restraints, and no fail-safes. How will they avoid repeating our mistakes? What's to stop them from playing god?

Back
Top Bottom